Ford Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have adaptive cruise control on my Honda Ridgeline and I absolutely love it. I don't condone this but theoretically while driving long distances one can text freely on their phone and not worry about slamming into the car in front of them since the brakes will automatically be activated when getting too close. And with the lane assist feature, it helps you stay in your lane and makes texting a dream. Theoretically of course. Not saying that I would do that, but some people might.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I cannot remember any vehicle I have owned in the last 20 years that did not come with cruse control. I would buy the LX if it had cruse control. The main reason is that I want the adaptive cruise control.
I think you cannot be too safe. If it saved my life just one time then it would be worth all the cost to have it.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CR-V. Previously 1991 Ranger XLT new and 1995 Ranger, extended cab and *extremely* blue!
13 Posts
Absolute dealbreaker. Will not drive a car without it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I have adaptive cruise control on my Honda Ridgeline and I absolutely love it. I don't condone this but theoretically while driving long distances one can text freely on their phone and not worry about slamming into the car in front of them since the brakes will automatically be activated when getting too close. And with the lane assist feature, it helps you stay in your lane and makes texting a dream. Theoretically of course. Not saying that I would do that, but some people might.
Ya' know, I hate to say it, but when I'm doing rideshare, my attention is constantly drawn to my phone app, in spite of the fact that it is hands free ! Many times I've had my attention distracted, when my car suddenly "hit the brakes for me" Not necessarily like it slams my brakes on for me, but it would if it were needed. Kind of unnerving at first. But nice to know that it would likely prevent a crash if it had to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm thinking this might be one of those things, that if your current vehicles doesn't have it, you could probably go the rest of your life with out it, and never know what you were missing ? (like flat screen TV's) I'd be tempted to say, most that have had it, wouldn't want to go without it.... but inevitably, somebody will jump on to say they have it in 1 or 3 other vehicles, but they hate it, and they never use it, if for no other reason than just to prove me wrong :) lol Gotta' love the internet :)

Anyway, my Prius has it, and I use it 100% of the time on the freeway..... and sometimes even on our main through fares in town (granted, those are 3 lanes each direction, with 45 mph speed limits where most people are driving 55 mph. I think maybe once or twice it might have saved me from rear ending someone... or maybe not. But it would have been close(r)

This is posing a really big problem for me, as I won't pay the several thousand extra dollars needed to get adaptive cruise control in a Maverick..... but because of this one thing, I might just pass on the Maverick altogether. My GF's current car does not have adaptive cruise control..... So it wont be a problem for her. Their is a stronger chance she might get a Maverick, than me, because of this.
I have it on my fusion and like it. My wife has it on her Kia and doesn’t like it. It’s much more accurate on the Fusion then it is on the Kia. So, my Maverick will have it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have it on my fusion and like it. My wife has it on her Kia and doesn’t like it. It’s much more accurate on the Fusion then it is on the Kia. So, my Maverick will have it.
Nice fish in your Avatar ! :) Works really well in my Prius, but that's the only experience I have with it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
People keep bringing up adaptive cruise control and keeping them from getting in accidents. That's all good, but won't the standard collision avoidance system do that?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
People keep bringing up adaptive cruise control and keeping them from getting in accidents. That's all good, but won't the standard collision avoidance system do that?
I believe the collision avoidance is for stuff everywhere else around your car, where the active cruise control is for in front of you. Oh, and personally speaking, for everywhere else around my car, I want my car to tell me "watch it dummy"... But I don't want it to fight me with my steering wheel. I have that feature turned off.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The owners guide goes into pre collision assist operation on page 243. Everything I have read seems to indicate it is standard on the Maverick. Co-pilot 360 adds functionality to this.
This is confusing because on previous models, you had to get Co-pilot to get pre-collision assist. But this is not so on Maverick.
Or am I misinterpreting things?

·
Registered
202 Posts
The owners guide goes into pre collision assist operation on page 243. Everything I have read seems to indicate it is standard on the Maverick. Co-pilot 360 adds functionality to this.
This is confusing because on previous models, you had to get Co-pilot to get pre-collision assist. But this is not so on Maverick.
Or am I misinterpreting things?
I don't think you are. Some things in the documentation are confusing, like all models having Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Apparently they're standard in all trims, but when someone orders a Lariat and clicks on info for the Luxury Package it lists AP/AA as a feature, implying that only by getting a Lariat with the Luxury Package is how you get it.

I would trust the manual over everything. That has the latest info.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I don't think you are. Some things in the documentation are confusing, like all models having Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Apparently they're standard in all trims, but when someone orders a Lariat and clicks on info for the Luxury Package it lists AP/AA as a feature, implying that only by getting a Lariat with the Luxury Package is how you get it.

I would trust the manual over everything. That has the latest info.
So then, going by the "build and price" from Ford's website, pre-collision assist is standard.

According to the Owners guide, this is a pretty comprehensive package to help avoid frontal collisions. It is not a parking aid, or cross traffic alert system and will not function under 3mph. So, yes you can still bump that car in front of you.

Also, some important info from the owners guide which further differentiates the standard package from the co-pilot 360;
emergency braking are active at speeds up
to 80 mph (130 km/h). If your vehicle has a
radar sensor included with adaptive cruise
control, then brake support and automatic
emergency braking are active up to the
maximum speed of the vehicle.

The standard system does not include radar, and had some limitations. This would also suggest that those features prefaced by "if equipped" are only active on those vehicles with co-pilot 360.
I suggest everyone read the owners guide for the standard pre-collision assist functionality. It will definitely help some make their choice.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I ordered my Maverick with adaptive cruise control because of one incident I had where I passed out behind the wheel driving on a road trip last December. Nobody was injured, but that could very easily have been otherwise. My family's safety is worth way more than 3 grand over the next 5-7 years.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I ordered my Maverick with adaptive cruise control because of one incident I had where I passed out behind the wheel driving on a road trip last December. Nobody was injured, but that could very easily have been otherwise. My family's safety is worth way more than 3 grand over the next 5-7 years.
I totally agree that adaptive cruise control is super important.... But you had to get the Lariat package to get that, right ?
I just can't see myself paying $3-4K more for adaptive cruise control + getting an interior and wheels that I don't want ☹

I think this will keep me from buying a Maverick at least for a while. My GF is still considering one. In fact, we hope to see one in person in less than an hour....
I'm hoping that something can be worked out with this issue soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The way that Ford doesn't include cruise control in the XL package makes me think that Ford considers the XL to be more of a fleet vehicle and not a retail trim. Obviously they want us to pay more for the XLT trim to get CC or Adaptive CC. I just consider the XLT the standard trim for most retail consumers like myself, and am happy it comes with a basic CC.

If you are turned off from the Maverick just because the very basic model doesn't have cruise control or Adaptive CC, then you probably aren't the target market. I drove a very basic Ford Ranger in high school, and I don't remember cruise control being in the basic trim back then. Both the old Ranger and new Maverick are meant to start as very cheap cars with base models almost being fleet vehicles.

So yeah, this isn't meant to have adaptive cruise control. I'll live without it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
So yeah, this isn't meant to have adaptive cruise control. I'll live without it.
I wouldn't be surprised if adaptive cruise control becomes available to the lower trims in time. Honda's making lot of tech features standard in their cars that were unheard of even a couple years ago, like ACC. Other companies follow suit. I don't get why it's a dealbreaker for some people, but at least it's available on the Lariat. It's just whether people want to pony up the cash.

Remember when back up cams were not the norm?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree, people just don’t want to pay. The Maverick is affordable because it doesn’t have adaptive cruise control. Maybe one day it will be federally mandated.

Funny enough, this will be my first car with a backup camera. I’m ecstatic that I can get a easily-maneuverable truck that also will be a breeze to backup due to the camera.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
The way that Ford doesn't include cruise control in the XL package makes me think that Ford considers the XL to be more of a fleet vehicle and not a retail trim. Obviously they want us to pay more for the XLT trim to get CC or Adaptive CC. I just consider the XLT the standard trim for most retail consumers like myself, and am happy it comes with a basic CC.

If you are turned off from the Maverick just because the very basic model doesn't have cruise control or Adaptive CC, then you probably aren't the target market. I drove a very basic Ford Ranger in high school, and I don't remember cruise control being in the basic trim back then. Both the old Ranger and new Maverick are meant to start as very cheap cars with base models almost being fleet vehicles.

I don't want the most basic model. I want an XLT, but adaptive is not even an option with the XLT...
So, to get adaptive CC, I'd have to pay $3K more + end up with an interior and wheels I don't even want.

·
Registered
235 Posts
People still saying that the XL not having cruise was an oversight!! Haha 😂. Yet we have people spending 2k more to get it, and debating on spending another 3k to get adaptive cruise. Sounds like an oversight for sure 🤣. May I say the base ranger doesn’t have cruise either, or my wife’s Nissan Versa (getting her a Bronco for twice my Mavericks cost….when available).

As for the post, I’ve never used it so I’m on the side of don’t know what I’m missing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I totally agree that adaptive cruise control is super important.... But you had to get the Lariat package to get that, right ?
I just can't see myself paying $3-4K more for adaptive cruise control + getting an interior and wheels that I don't want ☹

I think this will keep me from buying a Maverick at least for a while. My GF is still considering one. In fact, we hope to see one in person in less than an hour....
I'm hoping that something can be worked out with this issue soon.
I agree that the fake leather seats are a real downer but my plan is to trade out the seats for the XLT seats since the power functions are the same. I already found one guy who is willing to trade.

I also like the push start that the Lariat offers as well as the SiriusXM which I use every single time I drive my Ridgeline so I don't want to lose those features in the Maverick.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts