Ford Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
We have ACC in our 2020 Transit and it is amazing for long road trips in that vehicle where we tend to stay in the right lane at 72 and cruise. It takes a huge amount of fatigue away on 11 hour driving days. That being said, a Maverick would be more for around town and would not see as much use in our case. If the Maverick were my only vehicle, I might be considering a Maverick.

Reactions: Allen Sacs

·
Registered
47 Posts
I seem to be the minority. I do not like ACC. I rented a Mazda CX-30 when I adopted my dog in IL and drove it back to CA. I used cruise, and tried the adaptive over and over. It was super frustrating and almost scary when a car was behind me. I'll pass.

Cruise yes, adaptive no thanks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I agree that the fake leather seats are a real downer but my plan is to trade out the seats for the XLT seats since the power functions are the same. I already found one guy who is willing to trade.

I also like the push start that the Lariat offers as well as the SiriusXM which I use every single time I drive my Ridgeline so I don't want to lose those features in the Maverick.
Your post reminds me that it might be possible to end up with nice seats and wheels if you go through the hassle to trade out the seats, and just buy aftermarket wheels of your choice... AND spend $3k more on the Lariat....
But I'm just not going to go through all that.... Plus, have to give up my F150 too.

Ford is just making near impossible to get what I want. So I'm not doing it. Bummer ☹

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’ve never had a car with ACC or any of these Smart features like a rear view camera. For the price of this vehicle and the amenities you get, I got a Lariat Lux just because I’m not a cheap bastard and I’ll pay for something that’s nice for me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I’ve never had a car with ACC or any of these Smart features like a rear view camera. For the price of this vehicle and the amenities you get, I got a Lariat Lux just because I’m not a cheap bastard and I’ll pay for something that’s nice for me.
If I had money coming out of my ears, I would not get the Lariat, because I prefer the interior and wheels on the XLT, regardless of price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hate cruise control.

For me it's like waiting for something to go wrong the whole time driving, instead of just driving. With adaptive, it's also a game of oh xxxx, is my cruise control now off...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Hate cruise control.

For me it's like waiting for something to go wrong the whole time driving, instead of just driving. With adaptive, it's also a game of oh xxxx, is my cruise control now off...
I'm sure their are people who feel that way about their motor.... Or their tires... Etc, etc. But I have other things to worry about.
I never have to wonder or worry if my cruise control is off now. I can feel it instantly when it's on or off. But if a person never uses it, maybe they wouldn't be able to immediately sense this ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I totally agree that adaptive cruise control is super important.... But you had to get the Lariat package to get that, right ?
I just can't see myself paying $3-4K more for adaptive cruise control + getting an interior and wheels that I don't want ☹

I think this will keep me from buying a Maverick at least for a while. My GF is still considering one. In fact, we hope to see one in person in less than an hour....
I'm hoping that something can be worked out with this issue soon.
I'm okay with having something a bit more luxury in my life. The Mav will be car number 14 in my life (2nd new car, and also the second car I've ever owned made in this millennium, although if we count motorcycles the Mav is vehicle number 16 and the 3rd thing I've owned made in this millennium). It will be our family's only vehicle for (hopefully) a few years to come. 3 grand amortized over 6 years works out to $500/yr, which is a bargain price for peace of mind.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Adaptive cruise? Rarely even use cruise- like to be engaged ,so couldn't care less....
I LOVE to drive, and if I were on some swervy curvy road through the mountains, of course, no cruise control for me either. Unfortunately, that is like 1 % of my driving nowadays. Now, I'm mostly in traffic, a lot of it on the freeway, and although my phone is hands free, I'm constantly having to look at it for my work. LOTS of unavoidable distractions. Its great to know that even if traffic comes to a sudden stop, the split second I'm looking at my phone, the car will stop for me. BTW, I have close to 35 years of driving (around 1 million miles) accident free, and most of that was with without adaptive cruise control.... or heck, without any cruise control. But I'm thankful for any new tech which can make my driving even safer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I LOVE to drive, and if I were on some swervy curvy road through the mountains, of course, no cruise control for me either. Unfortunately, that is like 1 % of my driving nowadays. Now, I'm mostly in traffic, a lot of it on the freeway, and although my phone is hands free, I'm constantly having to look at it for my work. LOTS of unavoidable distractions. Its great to know that even if traffic comes to a sudden stop, the split second I'm looking at my phone, the car will stop for me. BTW, I have close to 35 years of driving (around 1 million miles) accident free, and most of that was with without adaptive cruise control.... or heck, without any cruise control. But I'm thankful for any new tech which can make my driving even safer.
Sound like a true salesman! But hey, if the peeps want it ,let'em pay for it of course - I'm all for personal choice, just a guy giving an honest answer, cheers!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm thinking this might be one of those things, that if your current vehicles doesn't have it, you could probably go the rest of your life with out it, and never know what you were missing ? (like flat screen TV's) I'd be tempted to say, most that have had it, wouldn't want to go without it.... but inevitably, somebody will jump on to say they have it in 1 or 3 other vehicles, but they hate it, and they never use it, if for no other reason than just to prove me wrong :) lol Gotta' love the internet :)

Anyway, my Prius has it, and I use it 100% of the time on the freeway..... and sometimes even on our main through fares in town (granted, those are 3 lanes each direction, with 45 mph speed limits where most people are driving 55 mph. I think maybe once or twice it might have saved me from rear ending someone... or maybe not. But it would have been close(r)

This is posing a really big problem for me, as I won't pay the several thousand extra dollars needed to get adaptive cruise control in a Maverick..... but because of this one thing, I might just pass on the Maverick altogether. My GF's current car does not have adaptive cruise control..... So it wont be a problem for her. Their is a stronger chance she might get a Maverick, than me, because of this.
I love it, but am not willing to pay 3k to get it on my lariat.

·
Registered
35 Posts
To be clear, even the base model comes with pre-collision braking/avoidance which may use some of the same sensors and systems as Adaptive Cruise. ACC is a convenience more than a safety feature. We have it on our 2020 Transit and paid $700 for it and we would do it again as we drive very long distances in a day and it helps with fatigue.

Reactions: Chris McD

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have it on some cars, don't on others. Cruise itself is a must but more often than not adaptive cruise ends up annoying the hell out of me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Never used adaptive cruise control, so not a big deal.
Yea, my GF is in that same boat. She has gotten kind of concerned with me talking about how important it is for me, but I keep telling her, as long as you never have a car with it, you will be fine. Its just going from a car with, to without, where their is a problem.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I have it on some cars, don't on others. Cruise itself is a must but more often than not adaptive cruise ends up annoying the hell out of me.
All different trains of though. I know people who never use ANY kind of cruise control. THAT would completely screw up my driving....

·
Registered
241 Posts
Nada...This is my daily city driver..I would hardly use it not worth the cash to me.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It might be interesting to explore the signals available on the canbus that enable pre-collision assist. If those are present how realistic would be to add the feature via a Arduino with canbus interface. I've done some hacks on a Alfa with a similar setup.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts