Ford Maverick Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
It might be interesting to explore the signals available on the canbus that enable pre-collision assist. If those are present how realistic would be to add the feature via a Arduino with canbus interface. I've done some hacks on a Alfa with a similar setup.
IDIOT

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nada...This is my daily city driver..I would hardly use it not worth the cash to me.
bruh i use cruise every day in the city. I do live in the mountain west, though, so my definition of "city" is probably a bit more spread out than yours. It improves fuel economy and driving at a consistent speed is the safest way to drive.

It might be interesting to explore the signals available on the canbus that enable pre-collision assist. If those are present how realistic would be to add the feature via a Arduino with canbus interface. I've done some hacks on a Alfa with a similar setup.
Sniffing the CAN bus couldn't be that hard with an OBD2 dongle. I'm sure some enterprising arduinophile will be among the first wave of buyers, and hop to it on launch day. won't be me, though. it seems a bit warranty-voiding to start messing with adding additional features with your own hardware and programming. Easy for Ford to go "what's this device all the signals were going through on the CAN bus? that's not our equipment, now we can't trust our equipment's readings!" and they deny the warranty. Right to repair isn't a given nowadays, unfortunately.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Non adaptive don’t have the radar system required to run it. Precollision is based of the camera, ACC the radar sensor in the grill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
People who regularly use cruise control appreciate adaptive cruise control. I used CC every opportunity that I get, it was how my father taught me how to drive "it's more efficient," which I agree with because constantly modulating your speed with your foot does burn more gas. The issue with using cruise control is that you realize that you are sometimes the only person on the road that keeps a constant speed, because of that I've gotten good at constantly adjusting my speed via CC buttons, but it's still very annoying when the driver in front of you varies their speed from 65 to 75 back to 65. Adaptive cruise control saves me from the micro adjustments that I make. And it spoiled me on my now sold Lincoln MKZ and my wife's Nautilus, until I realized my Lariat Maverick without the lux package (not by choice, I got what was available) does not have ACC, back to the dark ages I guess. Though I do own a car with CC that I never use, it's my 1988 SC MR2. I don't use CC on it because CC on a non electronic throttle is God awful.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts