Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This truck hasn’t even hit the roads yet. And Ford is saying they have a Off Road FX4 model you can get . Im not buying into this throw another sticker on it crap . Are you ?
This is only a very small gentle unibody truck with a 2500 cc engine and a 4 foot bed . This truck will never be a stump puller . And will never even qualify to be a mall crawler !

So should Fords Marketing department get away with this ? Like I said, I’m not buying it , Sorry Ford .

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think it depends on what you think "FX4" designates. Perhaps it is in context of the base vehicle it is applied to. On second thought, it has to be in that context. The chief engineer for the Maverick program speaks to what the FX4 package brings to the vehicle in this video which is also very informing on other topics.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it depends on what you think "FX4" designates. Perhaps it is in context of the base vehicle it is applied to. On second thought, it has to be in that context. The chief engineer for the Maverick program speaks to what the FX4 package brings to the vehicle in this video which is also very informing on other topics.
OK , So what really makes it worthy of calling it an FX4 and paying the BIG bucks for it .Most everything that Klaus mentioned was all cosmetic with the exception of a cooling pack and two more modes on the shift knob, both transmission related . And how much do they want for all of this and that Special FX4 sticker when looking at the window sticker ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
It is an $800 add on per the Ford website. it is just an option package, available if you order the AWD.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This truck hasn’t even hit the roads yet. And Ford is saying they have a Off Road FX4 model you can get . Im not buying into this throw another sticker on it crap . Are you ?
This is only a very small gentle unibody truck with a 2500 cc engine and a 4 foot bed . This truck will never be a stump puller . And will never even qualify to be a mall crawler !

So should Fords Marketing department get away with this ? Like I said, I’m not buying it , Sorry Ford .
Pretty sure you aren't buying the truck in general, just posting negative thoughts. I def bought into it. I got the fx4 mainly for the black wheels which I couldn't buy ALONE much cheaper than $800. The rest of the items in the package are a bonus to me. I don't think anyone would think of this as ever being a stump puller. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
34 Posts
Pretty sure you aren't buying the truck in general. Just on here angry rambling on about stuff to hear yourself talk. I def bought into it. I got the fx4 mainly for the black wheels which I couldn't buy ALONE much cheaper than $800. The rest of the items in the package are a bonus to me. I don't think anyone would think of this as ever being a stump puller. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty sure you aren't buying the truck in general, just posting negative thoughts. I def bought into it. I got the fx4 mainly for the black wheels which I couldn't buy ALONE much cheaper than $800. The rest of the items in the package are a bonus to me. I don't think anyone would think of this as ever being a stump puller. :ROFLMAO:
I will be buying something , but it definitely won’t be the first revision of the maverick . I know rev 2 will be a much improve truck then what I’m seeing today . And do I post negative thoughts about the Maverick, yes . In hopes that the people at Ford are listening .

·
Registered
22 Posts
I didn't think the FX4 package was necessarily overpriced at all for the add-ons included. I'd rather have every available advantage I can get to make this compact pickup more pickuppy. The skid plates don't mean much for me but there will be a time or two when I'm glad they are there.....hell, even a raccoon impact may be less damaging than without then.but sorry, I'm a sucker for the tow hooks and additional off road features it includes. Added ground clearance, even though very little, and added engine features all a plus. The additional traction control settings are good too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its just a package. Calm down. Who has ever said that ford vehicles with fx4 is a rock crawler? Ford FX4 is nothing comparable to toyota TRD off road, Nissan Pro4x or something else. Its NOT a model. It is a $1k pckage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seriously Rock Crawler, Stump Puller. Only an idiot would think of using a Maverick for that. The FX4 package is rather cheap for what you get, I would have ordered that package but cant on the hybrid.

Sick and tired of people trying to compare the Maverick to Say an F250 4x4 Diesel. Not shit it cant compete, what it can do is say hall 10 bags of mulch, or Bikes, or that trip to Costco where you spend $400, or that stove or dishwasher from Home Depot ,, you know 99% of the time thats what you really need. The other 1% I will take bust out my F150.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I will be buying something , but it definitely won’t be the first revision of the maverick . I know rev 2 will be a much improve truck then what I’m seeing today . And do I post negative thoughts about the Maverick, yes . In hopes that the people at Ford are listening .
Aren’t you the guy who started a thread stating you couldn’t afford a Maverick and entered a sweepstakes drawing at the chance to win one? Yet here you are crapping on a Maverick truck site and it’s future owners decision to buy one. If you spent as much time contacting Ford and expressing your thoughts as you do here shitting on it, maybe you could accomplish something in life.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Aren’t you the guy who started a thread stating you couldn’t afford a Maverick and entered a sweepstakes drawing at the chance to win one? Yet here you are crapping on a Maverick truck site and it’s future owners decision to buy one. If you spent as much time contacting Ford and expressing your thoughts as you do here shitting on it, maybe you could accomplish something in life.
I've noted that Trucklet starts a lot of discussions based on criticizing every little thing about the Maverick, both real and imagined. He/she periodically includes the opinion that he/she will not be buying a Maverick because of some random something. It's almost like the person behind this account is being paid to troll this forum. We'd probably all be better off blocking this account completely, or at least not get sucked in to responding so easily. I'm massively annoyed with myself for giving this Trucklet the attention he/she seems to crave.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Most "poser packages" really aren't designed for true off-road prowess. They are highly profitable sticker packages with a few lukewarm added tidbits for male douchebags with something to prove. And that "something" almost always unintentionally turns into "I'm an idiot with an ego problem."

Consider 75% of truck drivers use their truck for towing one time a year and 70% go off road once a year or less.

In summary, OP should not be that upset over the FX4 Maverick since statistically, he will almost never go off road with it.

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
34 Posts
Most "poser packages" really aren't designed for true off-road prowess. They are highly profitable sticker packages with a few lukewarm added tidbits for male douchebags with something to prove. And that "something" almost always unintentionally turns into "I'm and idiot with an ego problem."

Consider 75% of truck drivers use their truck for towing one time a year and 70% go off road once a year or less.

In summary, OP should be that upset over the FX4 Maverick since statistically, he will almost never go off road with it.

Me laughing at this post ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I've noted that Trucklet starts a lot of discussions based on criticizing every little thing about the Maverick, both real and imagined. He/she periodically includes the opinion that he/she will not be buying a Maverick because of some random something. It's almost like the person behind this account is being paid to troll this forum. We'd probably all be better off blocking this account completely, or at least not get sucked in to responding so easily. I'm massively annoyed with myself for giving this Trucklet the attention he/she seems to crave.
I’m not a troll . I’m not getting paid and I’m not brand loyal .I just don’t buy things because they are a pretty color . If you don’t like some of my post or opinions you can block me .
And I’m just some 61yr old retire guy named John that kills a little bit of time on this forum . I don’t care about getting to the top of the forums attention list with the most points ,the most post counts, or highest reaction score ,etc.
And I do own a Ford truck that deserves the sticker we’re talking about .
And since you called me a troll . My first car was a 1973 Maverick !

·
Registered
19 Posts
My other vehicle is a self converted AWD Ford Transit and I would gladly pay $1K for front tow hooks, skid plates, upgraded suspension components, and more capable tires even though it would still be limited by ground clearance and never be a rock crawler. And I don't care what letters would be on the removable sticker.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I once worked at a motorcycle dealer.. In the afternoons it was non stop 10-14 y.o. kids spending their meager incomes and allowances on stickers. It was worth it, $1 stickers cost us about 25¢

·
Registered
99 Posts
View attachment 1374

And I do own a Ford truck that deserves the sticker we’re talking about.
Hardly. My backwoods would tear that truck a new a$$. I can't imagine what a truly challenging off road course would do to that yuppie bus.

First, the trees alone would tear off those plastic window decorations. Next, my trail would rip those running boards clean off and those pretty wheels would be absolutely destroyed. The decals would also not be likely to survive, which in itself might be enough to make your average suburban hillbilly cry himself to sleep.

So yes, a poser package you have. Sorry. You do not have a Jeep Wrangler. You have an F150 with lipstick. A nice truck indeed, but not an off-roader.

If 70% of people take their vehicles off road less than once a year, you can bet there are few people doing it with $50K+ trucks that have more decorations on them than an evergreen tree in Christmas Town. 🤣

1 - 20 of 22 Posts