Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new here I’m really interested into getting a Ford maverick as soon as possible. But I’ve called like 10 local dealerships here in Florida and they said the only thing I can do for now is the online reservation, but I see plenty of people getting build dates and order confirmations? How is that, is it only certain dealerships in the country allowing you do buy one? I want to put some money down on one!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Speak to your dealer to put in a retail order. Check the constraints list in the news section of the forum to improve your odds. After your order is placed, ford needs to confirm it. After it is confirmed , just hope the scheduler picks your order. (It depends on what they are looking to build for the week, how many orders are placed at your dealer, stellar constellation alignment, etc)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds confusing I’ve never ordered a new vehicle like this I just want to get one as soon as possible

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sounds confusing I’ve never ordered a new vehicle like this I just want to get one as soon as possible
Its not hard. Go to your dealer, tell them you want to place an order. Don't select a tonneau cover, bed mat, fender film, spray-in bed liner as options.(as of 8/30, see link). Selecting a 2.0 Ecoboost probably will have better odds than hybrid. At that point, you are just going to have to wait until selected, like everyone else.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would have thought it was strange as well or confusing but after having reserved and owned a new Tesla model in the past this is by far a breeze especially since there’s actually communication and builds are actually happening. You just have to ride the wave and be patient or wait a few weeks, get lucky, and find a dealer inventory one available but be ready for markups as they will be in short supply.

·
Registered
12 Posts
All you have to do is Google FORD MAVERICK, go to the official ford site, click "build and price", and build the vehicle you want. You select the dealer you want to use, and they will contact you... either immediately or within a day. You can even send a build to several dealers and go with the one that is quickest or you get the best vibe from. From there, the dealer will have some paperwork for you to do over the computer, and you make a deposit. In my case, $500. I believe some are $1K. Anyway, you then have a verified order. You wait a few weeks, and you get an email saying your vehicle has been scheduled, with a build week, and a VIN.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When did you order, and do you have a scheduled production date? If not, I would contact the dealer to confirm all is well.
Order was placed in late August. We don't need the vehicle until February. It's a hybrix XLT. I went through this same process with a 2020 Transit so I am not panicked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts