Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious how everyone else's experience has been with their local service department. I have a tale of woe below.

I received my Maverick last month and I've been pretty thrilled with it so far. No major problems with it. Runs nice and shifts really smooth. Really impressed with the utility overall.

I did have two minor things. One was the tailgate cables aren't quite even. It seems like 90% of the weight sits on the passenger side tailgate cable and very little weight is supported by the driver side.
The other was my intelligent access stopped working at one point and I'm not sure it's locking the vehicle correctly.

I wanted to have these things looked at by a dealer and it's been a pretty disappointing experience.

I called 3 dealers within 15 miles and tried to set up a service appointment in the beginning of April. One told me there first appointment was mid June (2 1/2 months away). One dealer told me the 2nd week of may (over a month). A 3rd dealer told me a week and a half, which seemed fairly reasonable. I selected this dealer.

When I arrive I speak to the 'service advisor' (IE teenage girl who has probably never performed an oil change) about my concerns and she dismisses the tailgate entirely. I had to persist that I had paid a lot of money for the truck and I'd really like the warranty tech to look at it and preferably make a diagnosis to replace one or both cables.

"Are you sure you want your vehicle here 3-4 days so we can look at that?" she says.
I replied, "I thought I had an appointment?"
She responded, "Your appointment was to meet with me, your service advisor, the work doesn't get done until we have time to do it. Right now it's taking 3-4+ days"

I was appalled. I had to wait a week and a half to have some know-nothing kid tell me they were going to take 4 days to find 10 minutes to look at my vehicle and 10 minutes to write up some paperwork?

I asked about a loaner. The dumb girl tried to tell me "We're a small dealership that doesn't provide loaners".
I took her at face value but on further consideration I call BS. Autonation has over 300 dealerships nationwide. I'd not call that a small operation... I digress.

At this point I'm in clown world and I tell them outright there is no way I'm going to give them 4 days to find 15 minutes to look at my vehicle - with no promise to actually complete any work beyond diagnostics. I let them know they can tell me what day they're going to look at it and they're welcome to have it all day to do so but that keeping my vehicle in their possession for days at a time was out of the question.

Long story short... the lady and I didn't reach an agreement. I have an appointment in a couple weeks with a different dealer... my understanding is my appointment is once again not with a mechanic but with a 'service advisor'...

Pure BS. I've never heard such malarkey in my life.
Anyways, I'm glad I don't have 'real' problems with my truck or I'd be losing my marbles right now.

FYI this is out in Colorado. Anyone else experiencing (IMO) excessive delays and piss poor service from their dealer network?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sounds like my odyssey to use my rewards points toward accessories. I couldn't just order them from the regular parts counter, I had to talk to their "Accessory Expert" at the body shop who'd already left for the day. When I stopped by a second time to have my tailgate issue looked at, now the expert is on vacation for the week and nobody else has the ability to order accessories but them. Now fast forward to this week it takes bouncing around on the phone between three different people to finally talk to the accessory expert - only to find out that everything I want to get is on backorder!

·
Registered
96 Posts
It sucks that you had a bad experience especially on your first time there. For what it’s worth you’re not going to talk to a mechanic when you take your car to a dealer. That’s the service advisors job, if the mechanics came out to talk to the customers the cars would never get fixed. Hopefully you’ll get a more experienced advisor next time. Good luck.

·
Registered
XL, AWD, Area 51, Moonroof, Tcover Order8/30, Got it 3/11/2022!
107 Posts
Sounds like my odyssey to use my rewards points toward accessories. I couldn't just order them from the regular parts counter, I had to talk to their "Accessory Expert" at the body shop who'd already left for the day. When I stopped by a second time to have my tailgate issue looked at, now the expert is on vacation for the week and nobody else has the ability to order accessories but them. Now fast forward to this week it takes bouncing around on the phone between three different people to finally talk to the accessory expert - only to find out that everything I want to get is on backorder!
That's crazy..my experience, I ordered at the Regular Parts Dept, told him the parts numbers I wanted,he called when they were in. Then, when I got there, he took my email and called somebody to verify that I had the Points. That was it..glad I didn't have to deal with an "accessory expert"! I would've probably left 😀

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not a Ford dealership but visited local one a couple of years ago to get two jobs done on my truck. Usually do my own work but I was thinking one of the jobs was covered under powertrain warranty and get other one done while there. Brought truck in and explained specifically what I wanted done "Replace sticky clutch slave cylinder (warranty) and leaky front exhaust gasket" . Service advisor "No problem, will call you when finished". Returned later that day and Service advisor said " Truck needs clutch slave cylinder and front exhaust gasket", and wanted $80 for diagnosis and $425 for repairs. Discussion ensued and ended up paying the $80 and left. Several days later received customer satisfaction survey and was still a bit grumpy and survey response reflected it. Next day dealership called wondering why response was so negative. Explained why and they asked if there was anything they could improve on for my next visit. Sure "There won't be a next visit"!
Had local independent shop do it for $225 and free diagnosis.

·
Registered
85 Posts
So far i have only been to my dealership twice ( once for an oil change) and the other was because my window switch had the plastic lip break off. In both cases my service advisor (shout out Peter) was very pleasant to deal with. i called them when my window switch broke and they said come by any time during service ours and they will look at it to see what needs replacing. They ordered the parts and installed them when they arrived.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far i have only been to my dealership twice ( once for an oil change) and the other was because my window switch had the plastic lip break off. In both cases my service advisor (shout out Peter) was very pleasant to deal with. i called them when my window switch broke and they said come by any time during service ours and they will look at it to see what needs replacing. They ordered the parts and installed them when they arrived.
Now that's the kind of service I'd like to get. Do I really have to drive all the way to Canada to get it, though?

·
Registered
81 Posts
So far - 5 stars
Excellent sales and finance when ordered, and delivered

Went in Last Friday to order part (premier security with remote start) at parts dept..
service dept called Wednesday parts here

Verified they can install part and do recall programming of brake assist for 4k option
They had to verify they had the updates for recall, but called back within the hour

Got next Wednesday service setup....

Will update Wednesday after install

Dealer= Auto Park Ford LaPorte

·
Registered
81 Posts
So far - 5 stars
Excellent sales and finance when ordered, and delivered

Went in Last Friday to order part (premier security with remote start) at parts dept..
service dept called Wednesday parts here

Verified they can install part and do recall programming of brake assist for 4k option
They had to verify they had the updates for recall, but called back within the hour

Got next Wednesday service setup....

Will update Wednesday after install

Dealer= Auto Park Ford LaPorte
Well got it installed and recall
They where ready for me a 9am appointment, and was done in an hours

Remote start 59,720 point used installed by them

·
Registered
77 Posts
Curious how everyone else's experience has been with their local service department. I have a tale of woe below.

I received my Maverick last month and I've been pretty thrilled with it so far. No major problems with it. Runs nice and shifts really smooth. Really impressed with the utility overall.

I did have two minor things. One was the tailgate cables aren't quite even. It seems like 90% of the weight sits on the passenger side tailgate cable and very little weight is supported by the driver side.
The other was my intelligent access stopped working at one point and I'm not sure it's locking the vehicle correctly.

I wanted to have these things looked at by a dealer and it's been a pretty disappointing experience.

I called 3 dealers within 15 miles and tried to set up a service appointment in the beginning of April. One told me there first appointment was mid June (2 1/2 months away). One dealer told me the 2nd week of may (over a month). A 3rd dealer told me a week and a half, which seemed fairly reasonable. I selected this dealer.

When I arrive I speak to the 'service advisor' (IE teenage girl who has probably never performed an oil change) about my concerns and she dismisses the tailgate entirely. I had to persist that I had paid a lot of money for the truck and I'd really like the warranty tech to look at it and preferably make a diagnosis to replace one or both cables.

"Are you sure you want your vehicle here 3-4 days so we can look at that?" she says.
I replied, "I thought I had an appointment?"
She responded, "Your appointment was to meet with me, your service advisor, the work doesn't get done until we have time to do it. Right now it's taking 3-4+ days"

I was appalled. I had to wait a week and a half to have some know-nothing kid tell me they were going to take 4 days to find 10 minutes to look at my vehicle and 10 minutes to write up some paperwork?

I asked about a loaner. The dumb girl tried to tell me "We're a small dealership that doesn't provide loaners".
I took her at face value but on further consideration I call BS. Autonation has over 300 dealerships nationwide. I'd not call that a small operation... I digress.

At this point I'm in clown world and I tell them outright there is no way I'm going to give them 4 days to find 15 minutes to look at my vehicle - with no promise to actually complete any work beyond diagnostics. I let them know they can tell me what day they're going to look at it and they're welcome to have it all day to do so but that keeping my vehicle in their possession for days at a time was out of the question.

Long story short... the lady and I didn't reach an agreement. I have an appointment in a couple weeks with a different dealer... my understanding is my appointment is once again not with a mechanic but with a 'service advisor'...

Pure BS. I've never heard such malarkey in my life.
Anyways, I'm glad I don't have 'real' problems with my truck or I'd be losing my marbles right now.

FYI this is out in Colorado. Anyone else experiencing (IMO) excessive delays and piss poor service from their dealer network?
Maybe she had hit the bong a couple of times that day!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts