Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. I jumped on the Maverick wagon late in the game and have a confirmed order yesterday afternoon. Any idea of how many orders have now been placed? I'm not expecting the truck shipping out by November, like my salesman/neighbor/friend says but he really doesn't know.

Before the new year would be nice, but I am happy to wait longer if necessary, the time will come eventually.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just curious. I jumped on the Maverick wagon late in the game and have a confirmed order yesterday afternoon. Any idea of how many orders have now been placed? I'm not expecting the truck shipping out by November, like my salesman/neighbor/friend says but he really doesn't know.

Before the new year would be nice, but I am happy to wait longer if necessary, the time will come eventually.
I am hoping like you but… order numbers/factory capacity suggest somebody is going to be waiting close to a year…
The more I learn about the process, the less excited I am. Tim Bartz (does the Tuesday videos) casually mentioned Johnny’s Car Care on YouTube as a good source as a look into the ordering process.
I watched the video on ordering the XLT. Johnny has some interesting information about “dealer allotments”. After watching that, I am completely deflated. If a dealer is allotted 120 Mavericks per year and September builds are 6, well you get the point. 2 weeks ago, my dealer had 35 orders, 1 slotted for September production.
Just some interesting things of note: 3007 Ford dealers (not all equal of course). 80,000 Maverick orders as of 2 weeks ago. Factory capacity is 300,000. Factory makes the Escape, Bronco and now Maverick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think a lot depends on the build you selected. It is possible to get a October or November build depending on your options
I ordered an XLT FX4 2.0 AWD Cactus Grey with rear slider and 110v inverter. October or November would be absolutely great but for the meantime I'll expect it spring 22 and anything prior will be great news!

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
310 Posts
I just read that Ford is stopping all production of the Escape to build more Bronco Sprts and Mavericks because of consumer demand. Dang I will try to find that article..... But I was told by my dealer Thanksgiving. I placed a reservation three weeks ago. If that is any help. Good luck to you. Happy trails!

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
310 Posts
I ordered an XLT FX4 2.0 AWD Cactus Grey with rear slider and 110v inverter. October or November would be absolutely great but for the meantime I'll expect it spring 22 and anything prior will be great news!
I orderded the exact Truck but in Oxford White, 2.0 FX4, 110v, sprayed bedliner, lumens, pass. side tool box full spare ...

·
Registered
2 Posts

Well I jumped on the same wagon July 22 and have an order in the really low 6000's. I talked to Ford the other day and was told that my color choice " Rapid Red - Lariat, First edition " may put my build a little later than Sept. There was some discussion about the Rapid Red taking longer .. it will be what it will be.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I jumped on the same wagon July 22 and have an order in the really low 6000's. I talked to Ford the other day and was told that my color choice " Rapid Red - Lariat, First edition " may put my build a little later than Sept. There was some discussion about the Rapid Red taking longer .. it will be what it will be.
I hope to get my Rapid Red in December.

·
Registered
18 Posts
100,000 reservations, currently i think conversion rate to orders is about 30%. Not going to matter if ford doesn't start building em. plant has not turned out any in 2 weeks

·
Registered
23 Posts
100,000 reservations, currently i think conversion rate to orders is about 30%. Not going to matter if ford doesn't start building em. plant has not turned out any in 2 weeks
Have ANY retail orders “been turned out” ???

·
Registered
13 Posts
That gives me hope, my order went in on 7/23, no rapid red. I was honestly preparing for it not to be built this year.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I reserved with two dealers in June- the wrong dealers apparently. Neither called me back to convert. Finally got annoyed enough to call a third, they called to convert about an hour later. Finished that Sunday, and was told even with only 33 orders at the dealership, it would likely be next spring. Mine is a hybrid XLT Lux with some known set-backs (that pesky bed liner) but for the first time ever I get to order exactly what I want so I am sticking there and waiting it out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts