Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting the tri-fold hard tonneau. Can anyone with one of these types of covers on your truck tell me how waterproof they are? Could I for example put some luggage in the bed and close the tonneau cover and drive to the airport in the rain?

-Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
The 3-fold unit is supposedly a re-branded BakFlip. I had one. If installed and adjusted correctly they are essentially waterproof (and pretty easy to install yourself). An excellent product. I just called the dealer today and had them cancel the cover and mudflaps from my build because I heard they would cause delays. I'm having the dealer order them and keep them in parts so I can pick them up when I come to get the truck. I will D.I.Y. them myself. It's not that hard. It beats waiting another month or two to get my build.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 3-fold unit is supposedly a re-branded BakFlip. I had one. If installed and adjusted correctly they are essentially waterproof (and pretty easy to install yourself). An excellent product. I just called the dealer today and had them cancel the cover and mudflaps from my build because I heard they would cause delays. I'm having the dealer order them and keep them in parts so I can pick them up when I come to get the truck. I will D.I.Y. them myself. It's not that hard. It beats waiting another month or two to get my build.
Glad to hear they are waterproof, because I had read a couple of other people complain that they are not. Not sure what brand of cover they were referring too. Yea, I've seen a lot of chatter about accessories causing delays, I would do the same thing! Have fun with your new Maverick when you get it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question, do you know what model trifold cover you will get? I am curious as to what would be the best one to get for the Maverick.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Question, do you know what model trifold cover you will get? I am curious as to what would be the best one to get for the Maverick.
They show this tonneau cover at accessories.ford.com. A couple of weeks ago I took a screenshot of it and sent it to my dealer. I asked if this is the exact to know cover I'll be getting with my order. He forwarded the question along to Ford. If I get an answer to my question I'll post it here which I presume is "yes”.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just get an aftermarket cover. There’s several options that will be available for the Maverick and are cheaper. They all have different weight ratings and levels of security plus they aren’t that hard to install yourself. If installed correctly, a trifold will protect the bed from rain. Some of them also have drain tubes to route the rain out.

You can talk to a customer rep on there to see what would work best for you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
But how do they seal them to the front of the bed since there isn't a "bar" across the front of the bed. Do they just have a seal that pushes against the back of the panel below the glass?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts