Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like the XLT & Lariat will either come with 1 or 2 Bed Cubby holes (Depending on your options selected). How will you be using them?

I'm thinking about putting all my tie downs (ropes, bungee cords, ratchet straps, etc.) in mine.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
216 Posts
It looks like the XLT & Lariat will either come with 1 or 2 Bed Cubby holes (Depending on your options selected). How will you be using them?

I'm thinking about putting all my tie downs (ropes, bungee cords, ratchet straps, etc.) in mine.

Thats about what I keep in my Avalanche Bed Jocky box's Maybe fire extinguisher , Mag light (I use the mounting brackets for both) a roll of rope...Duck-Tape and bailing wire :)

Reactions: VonnVary

·
Registered
51 Posts
Tie downs, bungee cords, Paracord, first aid kit, odd screw driver or two because always looking for one out somewhere, same with duct tape and measure tape. Maybe jump cables in other one? I am thinking ten essentials for a hike and day pack under backseat so actually first aid kit there. Probably a car sized and a daypak sized. Bug spray. Odd lighter. Fold saw. Nalgene, that sort of stuff.

·
Registered
78 Posts

That's funny. I had a 2006 Tacoma with composite bed and doored cubby holes on each side of the bed. Placed ratchet straps in one side and ropes in the other side. Went on a lumber run at Home Depot two months after truck purchase, proceeded to load lumber and noticed the doors, ratchet straps and ropes were gone.

Moral of story - For a dollar or two extra, Toyota and Ford could have installed a lock on those doors.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It's just plastic so not like a lock would do much for security. Also worth noting that the cubbies don't appear to have any substantial seal so unless you have a tonneau cover or something covering the bed then moisture will get in there.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's just plastic so not like a lock would do much for security. Also worth noting that the cubbies don't appear to have any substantial seal so unless you have a tonneau cover or something covering the bed then moisture will get in there.
Your absolutely right. Even a cheap lock will keep normally honest people on the right side of the law. Criminals not so much.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you can figure how to fit this all in a Cubby, you'll be a billionaire overnight!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anyone know the dimensions of the cubby? I was thinking about installing a small air compressor in there and running it to the 12v source next to it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does anyone know the dimensions of the cubby? I was thinking about installing a small air compressor in there and running it to the 12v source next to it.
I don't know the dimensions, but I like the idea. In this video, the engineer talks about how they designed around this idea with the cubby being removable and a harbor freight compressor being wired in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know the dimensions, but I like the idea. In this video, the engineer talks about how they designed around this idea with the cubby being removable and a harbor freight compressor being wired in.
Yea, I seen that video, I was thinking something like this. Use some 3M strips to mount it and I’m good to go.
Product Output device Gadget Rectangle Font

1 - 20 of 25 Posts