Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there from the beautiful big top town of Gibsonton!

I have been poking around looking at cars for a while now and just decided to jump on a Maverick. Given that my nickname since college is Goose I figure it was kismet.

I am not much of a car guy. I have been driving the same base model 2007 Corolla since I bought it in 2009. This will be my first ever new car purchase at age fortysomething. I am going Lariat sans Luxury package because heated seats are less than useless here. I will be adding a few items like the bed liner but I don't intend on hauling anything more than a couple Boy Scouts and some camping gear or some garden supplies for Mrs Goose.

For those in the Tampa area, what dealer did you go with? Were they easy to work with? Gouge you on fees? I have access to X plan through work but will be willing to not fiddle with it if they work with me elsewhere.

·
Registered
2017 Escape, 2017 Ram 1500
121 Posts
Welcome! I have no info. on where to shop, but am looking at moving to FL. in the next 1-2 years myself. This is a friendly site, and there's been a lot of helpful information, too. And I understand the uselessness of the "luxury package to anyone outside of the NE, great lakes, or upper midwest. This would have been a stand alone option labeled as a cold weather package.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. If you have any questions about being down here I am more than happy to answer them. I am a Tampa and have been all over the state from about 20 miles north of I-4 on up native but my folks are both escapees from Schenectady

·
Registered
26 Posts
Born and raised in Tampa moved to the City Beautiful many years ago because of job. Still here but still go back to Champa Bay to visit family and to watch Football, Hockey and Baseball. Ordered my Maverick (Lariat w/Lux Package) from Mullinax Ford in Apopka back on June 15th. No Dealer fees. Also have access to Plan X and happy to go with that as I don't think dealers will be offering steep discounts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm across the bay in Clearwater. Ordered from Ferman Ford, MSRP and no deposit. If you want to buy from a volume dealer, contact Brandon Ford.

·
Registered
2017 Escape, 2017 Ram 1500
121 Posts
Thanks. If you have any questions about being down here I am more than happy to answer them. I am a Tampa and have been all over the state from about 20 miles north of I-4 on up native but my folks are both escapees from Schenectady
We're not looking to be that far away. Looking towards Winterhaven/Davenport. Mother-in-law had lived in Haines City before she needed to move back here to be with us so we have some knowledge of the area. Have friends in Tampa, family in Orlando, Cocoa Beach, and Jacksonville, too. But if I have questions, I'll ask. I appreciate it!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ordered from Lakeland ford and I'm calling ford to switch my order to mullimax ford since I'm saving 1300 dollars for the same build just changing dealership.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number
Bird Accipitridae Beak Falconiformes Terrestrial animal

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh wow. I will be going by Brandon Ford since they're just a couple exits up from Gibtown but if they won't play ball I'll take the drive to Apopka. Gracias amigo!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered from Lakeland ford and I'm calling ford to switch my order to mullimax ford since I'm saving 1300 dollars for the same build just changing dealership. View attachment 1082 View attachment 1083
Hey Ruckie. Curious, Did you contact them after seeing my post?
I've purchased 2 vehicles from them already this year. They are great. Love the no dealer fees. Just straight up pricing. Best pricing that I have found. Bought a new 2021 Lariat Ranger May 29th, it was 36,280 discounted to 32,670. 3,600 discount. Way less than any other Ford dealer. In fact one dealer said if you find a 32k Ranger let me know and I'll buy one (I wonder if he did)
My Maverick is straight MSRP and I'm good with that. No extra fees anywhere.
They will work with you on trade ins, at least they did with me. There's a reason why they have the business they do.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Ruckie. Curious, Did you contact them after seeing my post?
I've purchased 2 vehicles from them already this year. They are great. Love the no dealer fees. Just straight up pricing. Best pricing that I have found. Bought a new 2021 Lariat Ranger May 29th, it was 36,280 discounted to 32,670. 3,600 discount. Way less than any other Ford dealer. In fact one dealer said if you find a 32k Ranger let me know and I'll buy one (I wonder if he did)
My Maverick is straight MSRP and I'm good with that. No extra fees anywhere.
They will work with you on trade ins, at least they did with me. There's a reason why they have the business they do.
I did, I just checked veterans advantage x plan and that's another 500 dollars plus my military discount plus the already 500 dollar deposit... I have seen crazy prices for used cars so if they give me a fair value for my explorer (CarMax offered me 11k for it last week) I might trade it crossing my fingers the value holds. I'm throwing every discount I can find to see if something sticks, I even looked at the Santa Cruz but dealerships look like they won't budge too much on prices.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did, I just checked veterans advantage x plan and that's another 500 dollars plus my military discount plus the already 500 dollar deposit... I have seen crazy prices for used cars so if they give me a fair value for my explorer (CarMax offered me 11k for it last week) I might trade it crossing my fingers the value holds. I'm throwing every discount I can find to see if something sticks, I even looked at the Santa Cruz but dealerships look like they won't budge too much on prices.
First, Thank You for your service.
Glad you called them. Nothing in it for me, I was treated well by them, Salesman to the Finance Mgr. and if me sharing helps someone else then great. Mullinax has a good reputation. Hopefully it works out for you. If you need a contact, let me know.
Best of luck to you. God Bless.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think Monster Jam would work with me on my trade-in to have it smashed by Gravedigger. I have under 100k miles on it but the body needs some major help, not to mention the back seat

·
Registered
3 Posts
For those in the Tampa area, what dealer did you go with? Were they easy to work with? Gouge you on fees? I have access to X plan through work but will be willing to not fiddle with it if they work with me elsewhere.
I'm in the Crystal River area just north on Hwy 19. I originally ordered at local Ford dealer on 10 June. What a joke that was. I discovered Tom and Steven up at Chapman Ford of Horsham PA. He is submitting orders for anyone for Invoice less 4%. I canceled my original order and Tom ordered the same Maverick for almost $3,000 less. The Maverick will be Drop Shipped to Port Richey Ford for additional $200 plus tag, title and registration.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts