Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously condsidering getting a hybrid Maverick. My neighborhood experiences street flooding. Can anyone say or point me to an information source on how well the batteries are protected from going through high water? I'm afraid that going through urban flooding may cause damage and I've not found anything out about the specs of how the batteries are incased, etc. I'm also unsure if I did drive through high water and damaged the hybrid battery if the warranty would cover it. Thanks for any help you can give!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm seriously condsidering getting a hybrid Maverick. My neighborhood experiences street flooding. Can anyone say or point me to an information source on how well the batteries are protected from going through high water? I'm afraid that going through urban flooding may cause damage and I've not found anything out about the specs of how the batteries are incased, etc. I'm also unsure if I did drive through high water and damaged the hybrid battery if the warranty would cover it. Thanks for any help you can give!
No worries, the battery compartment is hermetically sealed because of the coolant system surrounding the batteries.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Other than electrical shock. My concern was insurance or manufactor would say that I chose to drive through high water and caused the damage so I'm a fault and they do not have to pay the claim or repair it, etc.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Other than electrical shock. My concern was insurance or manufactor would say that I chose to drive through high water and caused the damage so I'm a fault and they do not have to pay the claim or repair it, etc.
Seems unlikely though. You're obviously not going to get shocked, and insurance companies pay flooded car claims regularly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts