Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What voltage is the battery pack?

Is there a way to access its power for accessories like a heavy duty inverter or at least a voltage meter?

If so, would key on ignition on keep the battery topped off?

I'm guessing no way to externally charge it because we can't monitor the individual cells. Long term storage would probably mean somebody just gotta start the truck every few months.

·
Registered
97 Posts
What voltage is the battery pack?

Is there a way to access its power for accessories like a heavy duty inverter or at least a voltage meter?

If so, would key on ignition on keep the battery topped off?

I'm guessing no way to externally charge it because we can't monitor the individual cells. Long term storage would probably mean somebody just gotta start the truck every few months.
Ha ! Now that is a big can of worms your talking about opening :) It's like almost anything.... Of course their is a way ! But the downsides are, you might have to study electrical engineering for 4 years, because good luck finding an electrical engineer to do it for you. Super dangerous. Will totally void any kind of warranties. Could kill you.
I'm not even sure of the voltage of your big high voltage battery, but I'm going to guess 300 to 500 Volts ?

Also keep in mind, yes, the Maverick (like my Prius) does have a high voltage battery for the electrical side of things, but of course its going to be much less capacity than you would find in any all electric vehicle, since it has gas to rely on as well.

This said ^ Check out this guys little Fiat, with a 400 volt car audio system :) .... oh btw, he is an electrical engineer by trade. Also, note how many times he uses the words "danger" and "dangerous" ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts