Ford Maverick Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the same situation- living in a rural area and commute to work without stop and go driving (50 miles each way).
I bought a 2020 Escape Hybrid a year ago and have been astonished with the MPG in town /city driving, and happy with my commute's MPG. I now have 28k on the Escape. If I drive the interstate to work and back, I get a little better mpg than my 2008 Focus did with a much more comfortable ride in a bigger /heavier vehicle (in KS, the interstate speed limit is 75). If I drive a highway route (65 mph, with some drops to 45 / 30 going through a few towns for very short distances -maybe a mile each time, x's 3 towns), I am getting about 5-8 mpg better than my 2008 Focus did. In town driving, to the grocery store for example, I get 50+ mpg in the Escape hybrid, where I would get 13-18 in the Focus (a lot of traffic lights).
unless you really wanted off road & AWD or have bad winter weather, I would stick with the lower base priced hybrid AND considerably higher mpg AND most likely higher resale of the hybrid.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Maybe some of you Brainiac's can solve for N/A without variables like aerodynamics ,tires, slight transmission differences etc.... Found on another forum - not my numbers.

• Prius C :
    • Weight = 2,500 lbs, Battery Capacity = 0.9 Kwh, EPA = 53 city / 46 hwy
  • Gen3 Prius Liftback :
    • Weight = 3,042 lbs, Battery Capacity = 1.3 Kwh, EPA = 51 city / 48 hwy
  • Prius V :
    • Weight = 3,274 lbs, Battery Capacity = 1.3 Kwh, EPA = 44 city / 40 hwy
  • Ford Maverick Hybrid :
    • Weight = 3,674+ lbs, Battery Capacity = 1.1 Kwh, EPA = N/A

This will give you something to debate - Is Ford close enough to the 40 city EPA as they claim.
Why look at those? The Maverick hybrid is in the same EPA testing group as the 2022 Escape hybrid. The 2021 Escape hybrid gets 44/37/41. Even with some different weight and wind coefficients, I'd expect that Ford is easily over the 40mpg city.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Why look at those?
He thinks 12 year old technology is a good comparison

classic apples to oranges comparison

what would be more amusing would be if the EPA City were beyond 40mpg but the highway low 30’s which in the current scheme of things could happen

ah well , gotta wait for Dec 8 to find out

21 - 23 of 23 Posts