Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alex on Autos you tube channel recently posted the Hybrid fuel economy he achieved on a recent test drive. Looking at the data it looks like he had the cruise set to 55 in eco mode. The elapsed time matches up.
Not bad at all!
Gadget Communication Device Car Font Technology

·
Registered
70 Posts
Impressive for a truck (especially since that isn’t city gives hope Ford is dead nuts on the rating)
but some of the diesel trucks in manual trim can do 40mpg on the flat also.
So I guess what will the economy be at 75mph in 50F weather?

The issue I have is what will it do the 4 months of the year the temperatures are chilly or even inhuman?

the 2008 Prius across the street is a city rig and is pegged around 19mpg 3 months of the year, he gets 80mpg in the summer

I guess I will find out someday.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It gets cold, very cold where I live. On previous Ford hybrids I have owned, if you keep remote start warm up time to a minimum the actual decrease in mpg due to extreme cold temperatures is around 10-15%. Extended/frequent remote starts really negatively affect that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It gets cold, very cold where I live. On previous Ford hybrids I have owned, if you keep remote start warm up time to a minimum the actual decrease in mpg due to extreme cold temperatures is around 10-15%. Extended/frequent remote starts really negatively affect that.
Having a 2020 Escape Hybrid, and live where it gets very cold in the Winter, I concur.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hybrid fuel economy drops in the wintertime but it is still higher than a comparably equipped ICE model driven under same conditions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts