Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! New here. I plan on pulling the trigger and purchasing an Alto Blue Hybrid! I plan on throwing some 20’s on there and maybe even lower it 3-4 inches (big maybe). I was wondering, what other modifications can you do to a hybrid lol? I’ve never owned a hybrid so idk how it works. Can you tune it? Exhaust? Cold Air Intake? Basically anything that can give me more hp and more power overall haha. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you need the 2.0 ecoboost or an entirely different vehicle. Certainly NOT a hybrid!
Other way around, It’s 100% fs that I need to get a hybrid, I need better gas mileage, currently getting 20mpg in my car. I just wanted more power out of it. But oh well, if there’s no mods for it 🤷🏽‍♂️

·
Registered
335 Posts
Other way around, It’s 100% fs that I need to get a hybrid, I need better gas mileage, currently getting 20mpg in my car. I just wanted more power out of it. But oh well, if there’s no mods for it 🤷🏽‍♂️
Increasing the horsepower of the engine won't likely gain you much in terms of performance since the hybrid system is constantly regulating power output between the ICE and the EV system. It will just put more strain on the transmission that it is not designed to handle... See hoovies video of a nitrous shit on a Prius.
That said, if you can improve the efficiency of the engine via intake, exhaust, etc. you would probably see even better mpg.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The ICE drives the vehicle and is partially responsible for maintaining battery state of charge. If it operates more efficiently, v you see increased fuel economy. Simple.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't think it is as simple as adding an air intake and exhaust. May make a bit more noise. Increase efficiency. I doubt it!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don't think it is as simple as adding an air intake and exhaust. May make a bit more noise. Increase efficiency. I doubt it!
I agree, that would only give very marginal gains. I was just using those as examples since you could see a slight efficiency increase if those systems were optimized for efficiency vs. Emissions (noise included.)
What I want to get across is that the modifications should be for efficiency gains, not for all out performance purposes; You'll see an increase in both. But if you simply go for performance you'll likely see a decrease in efficiency and if you go bonkers, damage thing in the process.

But I guess if someone wants to put a 100hp shot of nitrous on it to prove me wrong, I'd watch the video.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Maybe consider the Toyota rav4 PHEV. 302 hp. The only Toyota that outperforms it is the Supra! Pricy and scarce though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Be careful what you do with modifying your truck, it may affect the warantee if you don't follow the maintenance, and care that Ford recommends.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The hybrid engine in the Maverick is a Atkinson Cycle engine, not an Otto cycle, the differance is that the intake valve stays open a short time during the compression stroke, which reduces the amount of charge in the cylinder, and increases the gas mileage by becoming a Lean burn engine. (Less fuel, better burn efficency) also less power. So installing more efficent air flow, and exhaust flow won't help much if there is no extra fuel in the cylinder to ignite. Hope this makes sense of this hybrid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Adding bigger wheels often robs power. Lower rolling resistance tires and improved aerodynamics could help performance some. Going from off-road style tires to eco tires felt like adding 15 hp to my jeep Patriot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts