Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never owned a hybrid so I’m very much looking forward to the estimated 40mpg city as that is the bulk of my driving? Also have a never owned a hybrid how closely do the real life numbers match up with the estimates?

·
Registered
Honda Insight EX (2019)
32 Posts
Never owned a hybrid so I’m very much looking forward to the estimated 40mpg city as that is the bulk of my driving? Also have a never owned a hybrid how closely do the real life numbers match up with the estimates?
It does sit higher than a car, so those numbers are probably pretty good for average users. Being a "truck" body will bring it below regular hybrids that get 40-50+

My Honda Insight is rated at 52/50 (city/hwy) and I regularly exceed that (60+ some days). Then again, I'm a very light driver as I'm trying to maximize efficiency. I also rock my insurance companies tracker, so it saves on insurance as well as gas.

The low 30s for highway is probably spot on too, because as I said in the first paragraph, it sits higher. That means it's going to be much less aerodynamic than a car, so you will have substantially more drag.

·
Registered
110 Posts

The 2020 and 2021 Escape use a variant of the Mask engine and transmission and is on the same C2 platform. This link shows what those hybrid owners are getting in the real world.

The Maverick will likely be a little bit less because aerodynamics and extra weight, but it gives you a o into the drivetrain performance at least.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We wont know until they land. That said, my previous experience with Ford's hybrid system in the Fusion and Escape is that it's not a given you will reach EPA estimates. If mine gets mid-30's I will be more than happy.

·
Registered
194 Posts

I have noticed Ford always states “up to 40 mpg’s”…..,not yet have I heard them say it WILL average 40 on a regular basis. So I am expecting to get about 37-ish city….maybe 40 mpg with no A/C, heater, heated seats, etc. Will just have to wait. When I bought my 2017 Niro it stated on the window sticker 49/51 and 50 combined and that is exactly what I average and sometime more …..up to 52-54 city but usually 51 freeway. I will really miss this when I sell it and begin driving the Maverick. I go so long between fill ups I never can remember last time! The car has been trouble- free so whomever buys it is getting a good car for 18-19k. I wish I could afford two vehicles. 😳 Iam retired so I do t drive a lot like I used to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not familiar with Ford hybrids (yet), but I currently drive a Prius that is rated for 54 MPG and my lifetime combined average (45,000 miles) is 61.1 MPG. Different manufacturer and body style, of course, so I can't speak to what the Maverick will do. Getting maximum MPG from a hybrid often requires adjusting how you drive, especially in terms of acceleration style and taking advantage of coasting and regenerative braking. At least with the Prius, for me it became a sort of game to squeeze out the most MPG I can. I hope for the same fun experience with the Maverick.

·
9 Posts
Maybe 40 mpg with a hypermiling range anxiety driving style. You will be a nuisance on the road. Who will pass you on any road-EVERYONE, including fire trucks and state troopers
If you turn on anything in the vehicle and it’s all a lost hope. Could be possible in little spurts on a strait flat road with zero traffic(are there any left in America) and zero wind, what they will call a legitimate test.I guarantee you will never achieve 500 miles on a single tank. Not even with the gas light on and running it down to nothing, fumes

·
Registered
11 Posts
We get 48-50mpg in our RAV4 hybrid which is of a size and weight similar to the Maverick.
I drive it like I'd drive any other car or truck, and keep up with traffic on the interstate highway.
(Boston-area drivers do observe speed limits, only they're Wyoming/Montana/Texas speed limits.)

I expect I'll see 35-40mpg with the Maverick hybrid we ordered.
Even if gas prices go up to $4 again, the difference between 35mpg and 40mpg or 50mpg is not all that significant.

·
Registered
157 Posts
One oversaturated image of the Lariat interior colors and you turn into a total troll? Must be fun at parties.

·
9 Posts
If your ever short 1 person in a legal game of tackle football you be sure to reply again
The blue interior is plan pig ugly l have seen it in person last weekend

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Escape Hrbrid with the same engine and C2 architecture gets 44 city/37 hwy mpg so I think it is reasonable the Maverick can pull off 40 city/33 hwy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts