Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ordered our hybrid today (yes I know - waiting until the last minute) and were told the XLT with the luxury package is not available or production of it was full until next summer. We wound up ordering a hybrid Lariat without the lux package which was pretty similar to the XLT with it. But I don't really like the brown seat trim that much. The rest is fine, but a bit more than we wanted to pay.

I didn't get a sense that we were being misled - is it true or believable that the XLT + lux package is really not available now? I know the production run is almost sold out based on what I've read in this and other forums

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think Ford's determined that Hermosillo can only produce a certain number of hybrid Mavericks in 2022 and the first quarter of 2023, and they've quota-ed a certain number of them to be Lariats, XLTs, and XLs, and if they've reached their quota of XLTs then that'd explain it.

The Lariat seats are very comfortable, for what it's worth. You won't likely regret it, they're very easy to clean, for instance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got an order in for a hybrid XLT with the lux package at a dealer on October 22nd, so this is a very recent change. I'm glad I didn't wait any longer, but I was trying to time the delivery date to happen around late Spring (late April or sometime in May) because I don't need to have the Maverick before then. - I guess the timing was just plain lucky.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We ordered our hybrid today (yes I know - waiting until the last minute) and were told the XLT with the luxury package is not available or production of it was full until next summer. We wound up ordering a hybrid Lariat without the lux package which was pretty similar to the XLT with it. But I don't really like the brown seat trim that much. The rest is fine, but a bit more than we wanted to pay.

I didn't get a sense that we were being misled - is it true or believable that the XLT + lux package is really not available now? I know the production run is almost sold out based on what I've read in this and other forums
Ford is apparently changing the breakdown of the Lux package here soon and switching from a spray in to a drop in bed liner. I believe they can still order it but it flags on their side. Many people are mixing that up with the commodity restraints which change frequently that are currently at 0% of XLT Lux.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Same thing happened to me. I was ordering an XLT Hybrid with lots of extras today. The dealer took my order and five hours later told me the manufacturer wasn't accepting any more XLT Hybrid orders. I ended up going with the Lariat at another dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got an order in for a hybrid XLT with the lux package at a dealer on October 22nd, so this is a very recent change. I'm glad I didn't wait any longer, but I was trying to time the delivery date to happen around late Spring (late April or sometime in May) because I don't need to have the Maverick before then. - I guess the timing was just plain lucky.
I watched a podcast cast from a ford dealer in Kansas and he says ford is saying they are changing orders on the XLT with lux package to a drop in bed liner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts