Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been a long time customer of ford and I’ve reached the point where the straw broke the camels back. So I scheduled an appointment for the recall on my maverick which was scheduled for almost three weeks from the day I called. Made it very clear that I needed a loaner car / rental. I have to drive to work drop off and pick up my kiddo to school. I own a business and not easy for me to break away in the middle of the week. Especially since it’s the busy time of the year. Any ways dealer is in another town an hour away. I show up and they have me wait about 30 minutes and then tell me sorry sir they don’t have a rental car or loaner. I was pissed took two hours out of my day for something if they had called me it would have prevented. It’s not like they had three weeks to plan accordingly but not the only problem I’ve had. Dealer tried to mark the truck up when I bought it also said they can’t sell it to me unless I financed it with them. The whole deal from the beginning was no mark up which they backed down off of. And that I had my own financing I didn’t need there’s but they wouldn’t back off of that. It fell in line with what I already had set up so I didn’t have a big problem with that. But I’m done with them wasting my time I also have service trucks for my company that I’ve caught them saying the did stuff that was not done. It’s sad because I do not feel like my business is important to them also I’ve been an avid ford guy. But as much as I hate it Im selling my maverick and going to by something Foreign. American cars and trucks are great but I hate the games they are playing. I got a good offer I’m going to take tomorrow and that’s it. Good luck everyone else.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took delivery of my Maverick hybrid on April 21st. Sold exactly one month later for a nice $8800.00 profit. I thought about ordering a 2023 but decided against it since I'm really wanting a hybrid AWD and they're not offering that for 23'. Oh well. I have a perfectly good truck in my driveway that's paid for. I can afford to wait and see what 2024 brings!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’ve been a long time customer of ford and I’ve reached the point where the straw broke the camels back. So I scheduled an appointment for the recall on my maverick which was scheduled for almost three weeks from the day I called. Made it very clear that I needed a loaner car / rental. I have to drive to work drop off and pick up my kiddo to school. I own a business and not easy for me to break away in the middle of the week. Especially since it’s the busy time of the year. Any ways dealer is in another town an hour away. I show up and they have me wait about 30 minutes and then tell me sorry sir they don’t have a rental car or loaner. I was pissed took two hours out of my day for something if they had called me it would have prevented. It’s not like they had three weeks to plan accordingly but not the only problem I’ve had. Dealer tried to mark the truck up when I bought it also said they can’t sell it to me unless I financed it with them. The whole deal from the beginning was no mark up which they backed down off of. And that I had my own financing I didn’t need there’s but they wouldn’t back off of that. It fell in line with what I already had set up so I didn’t have a big problem with that. But I’m done with them wasting my time I also have service trucks for my company that I’ve caught them saying the did stuff that was not done. It’s sad because I do not feel like my business is important to them also I’ve been an avid ford guy. But as much as I hate it Im selling my maverick and going to by something Foreign. American cars and trucks are great but I hate the games they are playing. I got a good offer I’m going to take tomorrow and that’s it. Good luck everyone else.
It appears your negative experiences are with an independently-owned dealership that sells new Ford vehicles - not with Ford Motor Company who has no control over any of the issues you describe.

You may have a different experience with a different dealer.

Ford's New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover loaners/rentals - the same is true for most automakers. Often, "extended warranties" will cover all or some of the cost of a rental for a limited period.

I'm a Honda and Mazda customer. My brother is a Toyota and Honda customer. Most of my friends are Ford customers primarily because the owner of a Ford dealership runs in our social circle and many of them feel obligated to buy Fords.

What "foreign" models are you considering? A Santa Cruz? A Ridgeline? A Frontier? A Tacoma?

Let me warn you that the Maverick's closest competitor - the Santa Cruz - is having more problems. The Ridgeline is more reliable, substantial, capable, and comfortable, but it's also a lot more expensive. Being body-on-frame, the Frontier and Tacoma won't ride as well. As far as dealers go, most of them are adding thousands to MSRPs and offer poor experiences.

Unfortunately, you expectations and reality don't appear to align and this is probably going to hold true for most dealers of most brands. If you like your Maverick, but not your dealer then try a different dealer. You might be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire by getting rid of your Maverick for something "foreign".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It appears your negative experiences are with an independently-owned dealership that sells new Ford vehicles - not with Ford Motor Company who has no control over any of the issues you describe.

You may have a different experience with a different dealer.

Ford's New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover loaners/rentals - the same is true for most automakers. Often, "extended warranties" will cover all or some of the cost of a rental for a limited period.

I'm a Honda and Mazda customer. My brother is a Toyota and Honda customer. Most of my friends are Ford customers primarily because the owner of a Ford dealership runs in our social circle and many of them feel obligated to buy Fords.

What "foreign" models are you considering? A Santa Cruz? A Ridgeline? A Frontier? A Tacoma?

Let me warn you that the Maverick's closest competitor - the Santa Cruz - is having more problems. The Ridgeline is more reliable, substantial, capable, and comfortable, but it's also a lot more expensive. Being body-on-frame, the Frontier and Tacoma won't ride as well. As far as dealers go, most of them are adding thousands to MSRPs and offer poor experiences.

Unfortunately, you expectations and reality don't appear to align and this is probably going to hold true for most dealers of most brands. If you like your Maverick, but not your dealer then try a different dealer. You might be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire by getting rid of your Maverick for something "foreign".
Weird because on the recall letter it states that a loaner or rental will be provided. I’m assuming you did not get this recall or have not read it. But it may be a ford dealer problem but seems to be all ford dealer problems. And being that I’ve got to take it to a ford dealer for the warranty and for recalls that’s where I have the problem. I haven’t decided on what vehicle I’ll go with but I also have the Convenience of not having to be in a rush. I appreciate your input. I’ve bought 5 new vehicles in the last three years and have found that it truly is a problem with dealers in general. Thought ford brand has been good. It’s not worth putting up with b.s. from the dealership. it’s kinda like you like this one kind of food at a restaurant but the restaurant has sh*t on the floor. I’m not going to keep going there because of the sh*t of the floor. Even if the food is great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Weird because on the recall letter it states that a loaner or rental will be provided. I’m assuming you did not get this recall or have not read it.
You didn't say which of the five recalls for the Maverick you're referring to, but I'll assume its one of two that does allow for a loaner/rental.

I can understand why a dealer might not have any loaners available due to the shortage of vehicles, but have you contacted the Ford Customer Relationship Center at the number provided in the recall notice? If so, what did they say when you told them that your dealer didn't provide a loaner or rental even though the recall notice said they would?

·
Registered
2023 Maverick XLT Lux
6 Posts
My current car (2011 MKZ) had 2 safety recalls at 2 different times. My closet dealer requested the car over night for first thing in the morning. After it was done, I picked it up only to have battery issues over the next week. I called the service department and had nothing but problems to the point I called FMC HQ over them.
My last recall I had done at a different one with NO problems. They squeezed me in because of a system issue they had. I also ordered my maverick from the last dealership I went to. Their customer service is amazing and the service team is outstanding.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'd just add that my Experience with McDonald Mazda in CO was nothing short of amazing every time I went there for my CX-5. They were not cheap, not cheap at all... but they generally did a competent job and would always vacuum out and wash the car with every service. When I needed an expensive repair with my vehicle in the shop for a day or two they provided me a brand new top trim version of the same vehicle I brought in for a loaner.

It felt like a luxury experience compared to dealing with the Ford dealers around here... but then again I think they charged $110 for an oil change and Phil Long Ford charges $65.... ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

·
Registered
2017 Escape, 2017 Ram 1500
172 Posts
Weird because on the recall letter it states that a loaner or rental will be provided. I’m assuming you did not get this recall or have not read it. But it may be a ford dealer problem but seems to be all ford dealer problems. And being that I’ve got to take it to a ford dealer for the warranty and for recalls that’s where I have the problem. I haven’t decided on what vehicle I’ll go with but I also have the Convenience of not having to be in a rush. I appreciate your input. I’ve bought 5 new vehicles in the last three years and have found that it truly is a problem with dealers in general. Thought ford brand has been good. It’s not worth putting up with b.s. from the dealership. it’s kinda like you like this one kind of food at a restaurant but the restaurant has sh*t on the floor. I’m not going to keep going there because of the sh*t of the floor. Even if the food is great.
That does seem to be an issue with many dealerships, and I've worked in and out of dealerships most of my life, some just don't follow through on what they promise. Currently loaners are also very difficult to come by, and I completely agree that dealership shouldn't have scheduled if they didn't have a loaner available. And if they weren't going to have one, they should have called and rescheduled you -- you'd probably would have had more faith in them if they were at least that responsible and mindful of your time and needs. Heck, we have customers who need engines, but we fill them up with antifreeze and send them on their way until we have a rental become available. Besides, if some of the parts are on backorder, as often tends to happen now since nobody want to work, there's no point their vehicle sitting and having the brakes seize up and the battery go dead. We're trying to avoid some of those inconveniences to our customers where we can, and it's not often possible in the current conditions.
And I too and getting fed up with Ford. I held back on ordering last year because the number of orders grew so quickly I felt I'd never see my Maverick. So, I waited until this year. I ordered the day the banks opened, received my confirmation; and then I learn a few days later that we're only to get half of our ordered vehicles, so once again, I may never see my truck. I'm tempted to look elsewhere, but where, and how long will I wait for that vehicle. I like my current Ram, it's a beautiful truck and for its age and I still have low mileage. I get decent fuel mileage for a big truck, the performance of its V6 is on par, if not better than, the F150 or GMC Sierra I had which were both V8s. If it weren't for neurological issues due to being old and having a worn out back, I'd be fine with it; but I sometimes don't feel my feet and have almost slide off the step bars a few times last winter, and a Maverick really does fit the bill for me. But I'll be damned if I patiently wait and play special order roulette with Ford when they had no clue how popular their Maverick was. They had a year's time to see it and yet have somehow managed to not see a thing, even though it has been right before their eyes all along.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I finally got my Maverick yesterday, after waiting 15 months. It is absolutely awesome and the dealership I went through was straight up and true to their word. No mishaps and no regrets here.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I’ve been a long time customer of ford and I’ve reached the point where the straw broke the camels back. So I scheduled an appointment for the recall on my maverick which was scheduled for almost three weeks from the day I called. Made it very clear that I needed a loaner car / rental. I have to drive to work drop off and pick up my kiddo to school. I own a business and not easy for me to break away in the middle of the week. Especially since it’s the busy time of the year. Any ways dealer is in another town an hour away. I show up and they have me wait about 30 minutes and then tell me sorry sir they don’t have a rental car or loaner. I was pissed took two hours out of my day for something if they had called me it would have prevented. It’s not like they had three weeks to plan accordingly but not the only problem I’ve had. Dealer tried to mark the truck up when I bought it also said they can’t sell it to me unless I financed it with them. The whole deal from the beginning was no mark up which they backed down off of. And that I had my own financing I didn’t need there’s but they wouldn’t back off of that. It fell in line with what I already had set up so I didn’t have a big problem with that. But I’m done with them wasting my time I also have service trucks for my company that I’ve caught them saying the did stuff that was not done. It’s sad because I do not feel like my business is important to them also I’ve been an avid ford guy. But as much as I hate it Im selling my maverick and going to by something Foreign. American cars and trucks are great but I hate the games they are playing. I got a good offer I’m going to take tomorrow and that’s it. Good luck everyone else. View attachment 4498
Sorry you had such a frustrating experience. I’m a new Ford Maverick owner and had two minor service issues with nothing but courteous professionals I dealt with, but I was in the auto dealership business for many years and know first hand negative experiences do certainly exist.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL! Some people are just too demanding/unreasonable.
Where was the demanding and unreasonable part. Keep in mind it’s a recall that the truck could catch on fire and they sent a recall that says that a rental would be provided. So I made it clear that a rental would be needed. Also let me point out that a phone call of a rental not being available would have resolved the issue of me having to waste two hours and could be scheduled on a day that one was available didn’t think this would be a problem being that they had three weeks to plan accordingly. I guess me giving ample time and all the information of what would be needed is demanding and unreasonable? Or was it the dealers lack of planning the reason your saying I’m demanding and unreasonable? I just ask for the dealer to do what they say they are going to do or at least notify me so I don’t waste time. I don’t feel that’s demanding or unreasonable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In today's environment, customer service doesn't mean anything.

When unsold vehicles start clogging up lots and the dealerships owners wife can't get a boob job and a condo in Costa Rica, maybe customer service will make a comeback.

Until then, they just don't care.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's unlikely to happen. Automakers and dealers have been making record-breaking profits as buyers willingly pay at or above sticker price and wait weeks or months to take delivery for over a year now. The days of paying thousands below sticker price and taking home exactly the vehicle you want today are most likely over.

You want advice on which television to buy at your local wholesale club? You'll be lucky if you can find someone who even knows what "LED" stands for - much less how it differs from OLED or QLED. You're on your own. Sure, you can get better advice from a locally-owned audio/video retailer, but you're going to pay a lot more for a TV there.

Need help with your internet service? Be prepared to speak to someone in a foreign country who has not mastered the English language and wait days or weeks for a technician to arrive.

The majority of people's desire to save money has pushed customer service out the door. They've shown that they're willing to accept junk and poor service in exchange for low prices.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts