Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12+ months from ordering a 22 Maverick to getting a 23 Maverick scheduled production date.

I'm just not excited, I feel kind of blah.

No communication from Ford for over a year. Unknown if I was getting a Maverick or not. MY23 rollover order, option package changes, price increases and interest rate increases mean my Maverick will cost me much more than I was originally planning.

This has been a very poor experience so far.

Earlier this year I bought a SC. It's ok, does some things well, but has some things I do not like. My wife drives it mostly and likes it.

I am tempted to pass on the Maverick and just use my 67 Mustang for my driver.

· Registered
2022 Maverick hybrid XL
47 Posts
I feel for u all . If ford can't do better people should start canceling.
A lot have. My wife and I cancelled 2 Maverick
Well, your 2 cancelled Mavericks will go towards a dealer allocation, where they will sell it for $10k+ over what they would've sold it to you for. And it WILL get sold. So, unfortunately, the only one who loses out is you.
No problem. I won’t wait for who knows how long, be lied to and treated the way Ford has been doing. A matter of principle. I like the dealer, who has been very good to disabled vets. Neither I nor he believe the trucks will be made. If they are, he can have whatever he can get. I will have moved on to Toyota, most likely, and after 7 Fords, will never buy from them again. I am sure they won’t care, but I will know I stood for principles.
And the rest of us
And the rest of us
Well here is the issue. I do not deal with deceptive and dishonest, obnoxious people or companies. I like the dealer, and it’s employees. They have never lied to me. So, if they can make a few bucks off of 2 trucks that most likely will never be made, let them. As a matter of personal integrity, I will go elsewhere to get our next trucks. Most likely Toyota. It will be here before Ford delivers, even though it has not been introduced! After 7 Fords, I will keep the 2 I have and not buy another. Honor matters.

· Premium Member
335 Posts
Feeling indifferent and unemotional is probably the best mindset to have when making such an expensive purchase.

Ultimately, a car is just a tool. Yes, some people become emotionally attached and even feel identified by what vehicle they drive... that isn't necessarily a healthy attachment.

· Registered
48 Posts
A lot have. My wife and I cancelled 2 Maverick

No problem. I won’t wait for who knows how long, be lied to and treated the way Ford has been doing. A matter of principle. I like the dealer, who has been very good to disabled vets. Neither I nor he believe the trucks will be made. If they are, he can have whatever he can get. I will have moved on to Toyota, most likely, and after 7 Fords, will never buy from them again. I am sure they won’t care, but I will know I stood for principles.

Well here is the issue. I do not deal with deceptive and dishonest, obnoxious people or companies. I like the dealer, and it’s employees. They have never lied to me. So, if they can make a few bucks off of 2 trucks that most likely will never be made, let them. As a matter of personal integrity, I will go elsewhere to get our next trucks. Most likely Toyota. It will be here before Ford delivers, even though it has not been introduced! After 7 Fords, I will keep the 2 I have and not buy another. Honor matters.
Sometimes it is hard to determine dishonesty from optimism. I am simply getting the 'we do not really know' from my dealer. I tend to think they know more than they are telling me but they are optimistic that my Hybrid will get built.

· Registered
2022 Maverick hybrid XL
47 Posts
Sometimes it is hard to determine dishonesty from optimism. I am simply getting the 'we do not really know' from my dealer. I tend to think they know more than they are telling me but they are optimistic that my Hybrid will get built.
Well, my dealer, a very large one, says they get next to no communication from Ford. Their other contacts say way less than 50% of hybrid orders will EVER be built.

· Registered
49 Posts
I ordered an XLT Mav hybrid on 9/17/2022. Earlier this month (Jan 23), I bought an XLT hybrid, when a customer did not take a delivered order, at $3k above MSRP. I decided a wait of 8-12 months wasn’t worth it, and I believed there was a good chance that my order might not get built at all.

That said, I was upset and surprised at Ford’s communications with me and others. We have heard nothing from the CEO about the massive backlog of hybrid orders. Certainly hybrid parts and batteries have been in short supply.

Nevertheless, not solving this problem will ultimately and seriously hurt Ford. Reading the posts above have convinced me of this. Come on Mr. CEO.

· Registered
2022 Maverick hybrid XL
47 Posts
They don’t want us to know, because management does not care. They feed us the same old”shortage” pablum. If there is such a shortage, why do thy keep spending money developing and hyping special models, when they don’t make the ones people ordered?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts