Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the trucks that get ship to Canada get car tires on them like in the US or do they put a actual tire on them thats good for your climate?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do the trucks that get ship to Canada get car tires on them like in the US or do they put a actual tire on them thats good for your climate?
Same tires as the U.S., as far as I have seen. Canada is a huge country with many different climate zones. Some Provinces mandate winter rated tires, other don’t. It those provinces that have no winter tire laws, It up to the vehicles owner to decide. I’ve seen some really badly worn down “all season” tires on co workers cars in winter here in Southern Ontario, and they don’t seem to care, they run them all year long.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Same tires as the U.S., as far as I have seen. Canada is a huge country with many different climate zones.
US has some pretty large differences in climate too; dealers trading stock across country can lead to some very disappointed customers when an uninformed customers tries to drive in the white stuff.
A few years ago, my boss got a Range Rover but the spec he wanted was at a dealer in Florida; it came with OEM summer tires and both he and the LR dealer didn't catch it. First time he drove in the white and slid it off the road; still amazing to me that his insurance never asked about the tires.

·
Registered
14 Posts
US has some pretty large differences in climate too; dealers trading stock across country can lead to some very disappointed customers when an uninformed customers tries to drive in the white stuff.
A few years ago, my boss got a Range Rover but the spec he wanted was at a dealer in Florida; it came with OEM summer tires and both he and the LR dealer didn't catch it. First time he drove in the white and slid it off the road; still amazing to me that his insurance never asked about the tires.
You can also spec some new cars here with summer only tires. We're not -40C and icy all year, we get sunshine and warmth occasionally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts