Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as of now, I still do not know what the bolt pattern is. I assumed it was the same as the ranger, but could not find any nice colored wheels I liked. anyone have any input?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes the 5 x 108 pattern. Which makes wheels a bit tricky, but anything is possible if you go with a bespoke wheel like Forgestar.

This 5x100 pattern was even trickier to do but I had these 18x11's made by Forgestar, wasn't that hard. We plan on doing something custom for my Maverick, too. Likely not 18x11, but as much wheel and tire as humanly possible under the stock fenders, after we put on coilovers, make a camber plate, etc.

I will be posting a build thread on my Maverick as soon as it arrives. It will be track tested in stock form, then at the same track after every mod - like we do on all of our car builds. I was at the track Friday with one of our projects (2006 Corvette) and plan to do a dozen or more track tests in the Maverick... can't wait!

- admissions of a track junkie

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes the 5 x 108 pattern. Which makes wheels a bit tricky, but anything is possible if you go with a bespoke wheel like Forgestar.

This 5x100 pattern was even trickier to do but I had these 18x11's made by Forgestar, wasn't that hard. We plan on doing something custom for my Maverick, too. Likely not 18x11, but as much wheel and tire as humanly possible under the stock fenders, after we put on coilovers, make a camber plate, etc.

I will be posting a build thread on my Maverick as soon as it arrives. It will be track tested in stock form, then at the same track after every mod - like we do on all of our car builds. I was at the track Friday with one of our projects (2006 Corvette) and plan to do a dozen or more track tests in the Maverick... can't wait!

- admissions of a track junkie
You plan on making subframe connectors for the Maverick?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You plan on making subframe connectors for the Maverick?
Hmm, probably not. Why not?

Because the other cars that share this chassis (Focus) don't need them, and we have done extensive development with these and many many other unibody cars.

This RS was put through hell for several years of track abuse - without subframe connectors. We tend to "focus" on developing parts that make a car faster, that are needed, that we can prove make improvements with continuous lap time testing.

We managed to stuff 18x9.5" wheels and 275mm tires onto the RS, which came with 19x8" wheels and 235mm tires - against the "advice" of the Focus RS fanbois. We pointed out the many flaws of this chassis' suspension, and were cursed and ridiculed by the fanbois. And yet our Focus suspension fixes worked, and we managed to drop significant lap time off of this car even removing the "magic" electronic damping shocks and replacing them with modified coilovers from another chassis...

That is similar to what we plan to do to the Maverick chassis... tires, wheels, suspension and other things to make it faster in a road course setting.

Cheers,

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hmm, probably not. Why not?

Because the other cars that share this chassis (Focus) don't need them, and we have done extensive development with these and many many other unibody cars.

This RS was put through hell for several years of track abuse - without subframe connectors. We tend to "focus" on developing parts that make a car faster, that are needed, that we can prove make improvements with continuous lap time testing.

We managed to stuff 18x9.5" wheels and 275mm tires onto the RS, which came with 19x8" wheels and 235mm tires - against the "advice" of the Focus RS fanbois. We pointed out the many flaws of this chassis' suspension, and were cursed and ridiculed by the fanbois. And yet our Focus suspension fixes worked, and we managed to drop significant lap time off of this car even removing the "magic" electronic damping shocks and replacing them with modified coilovers from another chassis...

That is similar to what we plan to do to the Maverick chassis... tires, wheels, suspension and other things to make it faster in a road course setting.

Cheers,
I'd be interested. I'd love to start AutoX again with my hybrid. It would be fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts