Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks.

I wanted to share my experience ordering and install the auto-stop eliminator from

Shipping was speedy. Ordered on a Friday and it was delivered to my home in CO on Monday.

I just got around to installing it and it was an absolute breeze. Installation did not require any tools or disassembly of the vehicle but a set of dyykes for snipping the excess zip tie length and a small work light might be helpful.

Total time was maybe 5 or 10 minutes. Most of that time was actually spent trying to figure out a good angle to access to the ODB port connection. Definitely going to need to be pretty limber and flexible to get under there. Alternately you may have to do it by feel. Once I got the angle right it only took about a minute (that's what she said :ROFLMAO: ).

I might have screwed up because the first time I started the vehicle I got an error in every single system, the check engine light came on and my center display said "network error".

I double checked that the harnesses were secure and restarted the vehicle. Everything worked just fine and all the codes/lights cleared up. 🤷‍♂️

Flawless operation. Reverts to 'off' immediately on vehicle start up with no button press.

I recommend this product 100% if you want to get rid of the super annoying and dangerous auto-stop-start feature. I get in and out of my vehicle somewhere around 4-10 times a day so this feature was really, REALLY nice.

I'm happy to field any questions.
Eco-Cultists are invited to keep any negative opinions to themselves. I bought the most fuel efficient pick-up on the market so I've already done 'my part'.

Before

After

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just curious...what makes you consider the auto start/stop dangerous?
Turning the vehicle off in traffic doesn't seem very safe to me. What if it doesn't turn back on?

Not having your vehicle start in your garage or the parking lot is no fun but usually isn't dangerous. Having it not start in the middle of rush hour traffic could be treacherous depending on where the battery/starter/associated component decides to act up.

The auto start has a laggy and delayed response. Suppose you need to take quick evasive action or boogie real quick?

Danger is all relative of course. Perhaps the arguments that auto-stop-start is dangerous are fairly weak but I'd counter that it certainly does absolutely nothing to increase the user's safety.

If nothing else I "feel" safer with my vehicle not always turning on and off... and in America in 2022 nothing is more important than feelings, right? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Cactus Gray Lariat Ecoboost AWD
11 Posts
I bought/installed my autostop eliminator too.
I’m 6”2’ 240 and it wasn’t fun under there.
I’m a mechanic, so once I got under there and looked, then I could feel my way around.

I too got the error. Actually the truck wouldn’t start! I almost pulled the device back off, but instead I made sure that everything was seated and it was all good after that one error. Actually there was a “maintenance due” error too, but it went away.
It started up and is perfect now.

it’s the best $90 that I spent so far. There’s a 10% off code.
I’d always forget to push that button and It would turn off just when I’d needed to get through a traffic light.
Yes, in my town every second counts.

Loving this Cactus gray Lariat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Turning the vehicle off in traffic doesn't seem very safe to me. What if it doesn't turn back on?

Not having your vehicle start in your garage or the parking lot is no fun but usually isn't dangerous. Having it not start in the middle of rush hour traffic could be treacherous depending on where the battery/starter/associated component decides to act up.

The auto start has a laggy and delayed response. Suppose you need to take quick evasive action or boogie real quick?

Danger is all relative of course. Perhaps the arguments that auto-stop-start is dangerous are fairly weak but I'd counter that it certainly does absolutely nothing to increase the user's safety.

If nothing else I "feel" safer with my vehicle not always turning on and off... and in America in 2022 nothing is more important than feelings, right? :ROFLMAO:
I agree. I've been rear ended 3x in my life so I always check my rear view mirror at a light...once I was able to evade a known upcoming collision when I saw some dude behind me not paying attention coming at me at like 40 mpg - I floored it and was able to evade what would have been a pretty terrible accident. The delayed start would have made it impossible for me to get out of the way. I'll take safety over the relatively minor fuel savings any day.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought one of these too. It is tricky to access the area and figure out what does where. I ended up doing it by feel.
I left a message with the manufacturer on Sunday night, and guess what?? They called me back on Sunday night, about 30 minutes later. Told me what I was doing wrong and I had it connected in 3-4 minutes.
No error codes and NEVER a problem. On a 1-10 I give it (and them) a 20.
Buy it. You'll be glad you did!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts