Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if anybody tried to get an insurance quote on the Maverick. Whenever I am anticipating buying a new vehicle, I always try to get an insurance quote so I know what to expect. It looks like it is too early in the game to do that with my insurance company though.

If nobody has been able to do this, does anybody know how insurance costs are for a pickup relative to a crossover, such as a Ford Escape or Ford Explorer?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I mean, I have a very inexpensive (about 25 a month) liability policy on my Canyon. I'm guessing it has a lot more to do with age and driving record than being a truck or not.

·
Registered
Honda Insight EX (2019)
35 Posts
I asked my State Farm agent to give me an estimate, and it came back at 126/mo. Mind you, I'm in the 20-25 age group, so my premiums are always a bit more expensive. This also doesn't count my safe driver discount.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I asked my State Farm agent to give me an estimate, and it came back at 126/mo. Mind you, I'm in the 20-25 age group, so my premiums are always a bit more expensive. This also doesn't count my safe driver discount.
What state

·
Registered
73 Posts
In Louisiana mine will only go up slightly per 6 month period. New vehicles generally do cost more and if you finance it of course you have to do full coverage, which I always get anyway.

·
Registered
51 Posts
NC/Geico
I have multiple vehicles. For my quote, it was to add it without removing an existing, and it came out to just over $115/mo. increase.
I need to do a full quote on dropping the Jeep, adding both the Maverick and Bronco. I suspect that's gonna hurt a little.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My insurance tends to run higher than most in this area because of coverage I have. The guys at work are always looking for that bargain and don't understand the consequences. Long story but I was hit by a crackhead running from the cops. Stolen car so my insurance had to cover everything. By the end of it all my family had around 200k in medical bills. Luckily my ex had good coverage so we suffered nothing out of pocket and my 8 day old car was totaled (no gap and still made money on it). We all survived and that was the most important part. To this day I carry enough for the same scenario, and this area is bad for no or underinsured so the possibility is out there. Think my bikes run higher yearly than my vehicles.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I checked with my insurance company today (State Farm) and was told my rate would raise $80.00 more per year, which is only $7.00 more a month. I was very pleased to hear the new rate. State Farm has been very good to us and their rate was half than other companies (Geico, USAA, All State, etc.) of course we have the multi car rate with homeowners too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
NC/Geico
I have multiple vehicles. For my quote, it was to add it without removing an existing, and it came out to just over $115/mo. increase.
I need to do a full quote on dropping the Jeep, adding both the Maverick and Bronco. I suspect that's gonna hurt a little.
I always just assumed Geico was like the Wal Mart of insurance and would always have the lowest rates, had them for a while. Boy was I wrong, switched to allstate and they were way cheaper on both auto and home. I also ended up filing a claim for hail damage (which really probably barely existed) and got my ~20 yrs old house roof replaced 100% free (the adjuster basically fabricated some fence and gutter damage to cover the deductible, I was paid for those items but didn't actually need them) with top of the line. Then they topped it all off by LOWERING my home Ins. premiums after the roof (I was bracing for a rise due to the claim, which still would have been well worth it) because "now you have a new roof, it's cheaper to insure". In other words allstate has been unbelievable, and I spread the word.

Again for the topic my truck is a 08 so I switched to liability only some time back, and I'm 35+ years old with clean record, but I believe my premium for the 08 Canyon is $156 paid every 6 months or something. Around $25 a month. Crazy cheap. Many people seem to pay more than 156 PER MONTH.

Edit: Just logged in to allstate to check my exact numbers, for 6 months it's 163, but with the "pay in full" discount (which I do) it's 146 every 6 months. ~$24 a month. Texas here. Cannot beat that with a stick.

Was not aware there was a new vehicle Ins penalty. It's weird but my cheap self almost dreads the rise in monthly car insurance for going to full coverage if I get a new vehicle EG Maverick, than the 25k+ I'd pay for the truck itself! Makes no sense LOL.

·
Registered
22 Posts
2016 i went from a 2003 focus to a 2015 taurus limited.
Insurance barely went up because the higher comprehensive was offset by a disturbingly lower medical. Focus must have been a death trap.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was just curious if anybody tried to get an insurance quote on the Maverick. Whenever I am anticipating buying a new vehicle, I always try to get an insurance quote so I know what to expect. It looks like it is too early in the game to do that with my insurance company though.

If nobody has been able to do this, does anybody know how insurance costs are for a pickup relative to a crossover, such as a Ford Escape or Ford Explorer?
Mine was the same as my 2019 Chevy Cruze LS Hatch. The price I pay doesn't really help to know since I pay a little more for being a young guy and by region. So I would say the same as any newish sedan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts