Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious what the interior sound level is like on the highway for the different trim levels.

If anyone has already received their Maverick it would be great if you could check with a mobile app (or decibel meter) at 70mph.

I'm guessing any trim level will be a lot quieter than my Subaru Crosstrek. At 70mph and fairly smooth road and calm wind it is at 80 db with spikes into the high 80s. It's just not a pleasant highway driving experience! Of course mine is base model which does not have an acoustic windshield - most noise seems to come from below, however.

Are their any other sound nerds out there that have measured interior noise?

I have a used a couple different iPhone apps and they seem to work okay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm curious what the interior sound level is like on the highway for the different trim levels.

If anyone has already received their Maverick it would be great if you could check with a mobile app (or decibel meter) at 70mph.

I'm guessing any trim level will be a lot quieter than my Subaru Crosstrek. At 70mph and fairly smooth road and calm wind it is at 80 db with spikes into the high 80s. It's just not a pleasant highway driving experience! Of course mine is base model which does not have an acoustic windshield - most noise seems to come from below, however.

Are their any other sound nerds out there that have measured interior noise?

I have a used a couple different iPhone apps and they seem to work okay.
FWIW, tires are a frequent cause of road noise...

·
Registered
133 Posts
FX4s will make more noise than standard, and the hybrid will make a big difference as well. Lariat gets the acoustic windshield, so we'll see what that does too. Hopefully the acoustic windshield cancels out the tire noise on my Lariat FX4.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FWIW, tires are a frequent cause of road noise...
Good point, I was talking to a woman this past weekend who left on her winter tires on her Crosstrek year round because they were quieter. I wonder how other all season tires would sound in comparison - if for some reason I need to keep the subaru. Hoping not, just waitig for that VIN number to come in :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you drive many of the newer fords, you will notice more windnoise, since these do not have laminated side glass like many of the other , more expensive models have these days. Otherwise, I thought it was quiet enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts