Ford Maverick Forum banner

Introduction and Accessories

5K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Matty_BR 
#1 ·
Hi all, my name is Matty and I have an Oxford White, 2.0L, AWD, XLT, FX4 on the way! I am making the switch from a full sized truck (a White 2015 Silverado 1500) as my needs have changed. I have gone from working for a contractor full time during my gap year and breaks from school to working full time at BuiltRight Industries as an engineer.

At BuiltRight, we engineer automotive accessories (more specifically, accessories for trucks). I have worked on accessories for small trucks (like Tacomas) to full sized trucks (the new Silverados) and the prospect of designing parts for the Maverick is exciting. We have all gotten to see some of what Ford has advertised (i.e. kayak carrier) so far but I don’t think anything has come close to the usefulness of BuiltRight’s patented Bedside Rack System which is high on my priority list of things to get into production.

In my Silverado, I kept my fishing rods, tackle, a shovel and other miscellaneous items such as hand tools, toolboxes and, of course, coolers strapped to my bedside racks. I’m excited to see what we can all squeeze into that four foot and a little bigger bed of the Maverick. What is everyone thinking about mounting up in the bed? Ideas of how to mount it?

As for the interior, I’ve talks about uses for the little cubby next to the infotainment screen and am curious to see what people wind up putting in there. I like the idea of some storage solution (maybe a bag or pouch?) to fit nicely into the rear under seat storage area. I’m definitely thinking that a BuiltRight style dash mount would be nice to have in that sun glass holder area above the infotainment center. I don’t know if I’d keep sunglasses up there, I’d rather have a RAM mount for my phone. Anything you guys are thinking interior wise?

Looking forward to getting delivery and starting to play!

See less See more
#9 ·
Keeping stuff dry and prying eyes and fingers out of it too is the whole purpose if tonneau covers and caps. If we need to haul large or messy loads, the 4x8 flat bed trailer is the way to go. Bonus is it folds up and stands in the carport next to the camper.

I'm thinking of a generator mount with tamper proof fuel tanks for boonie camping and extended range would be nice. Have a stack of square tubing and a Lincoln welder to make it happen.

Extended range is for the distance between filling stations in Utah, got out of Canyonlands NP with less than 1/3 tank made it to Fruita CO doing 50-55 on i70 to refill at less than $8.00 per gallon, driving Prius V.

#10 · (Edited)
The cubby hole .
You can make me a drawer that fits in there nicely .
One that has a led clock on the front top and a 1” round hole on the bottom face for storing pens . do not make it to deep 4” will work . You must angle them so things won’t fall out !
The front center will be left as a blank space for holding a cell phone attachment . 0f the owns Choice . But you must make the draw front a good 3/16” thick to support this function . And you can also make the phone Quad Lock to screw on to the front if you like .The owners will most likely have to drill one or more holes in it for his phone mount .
And remember this will always work as a functioning drawer so i have a place to hide things i don’t need to see .

#11 · (Edited)
And the next thing i would like you to burn some brain cells on . Is a universal dash board cover that has a Solar panel built into it . To send power to a very small window vent fan .
This would really help with keeping the inside vehicle temp under Control in most all the Southern states . Just make it so the vent fan go’s into the front top passenger side window .

Or should Ford just make a app for their Automobiles .
So you could set a timer for ten minutes before you get out of work . To lower one window 1” and then turn on the cars outside air vent fan .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.