Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealership I went to required a $1,000 dls deposit, I was able to ordered with a deposit of only $500. But the receipt they gave me says "Amount paid by: my name, date, time, name of the cashier, name of the dealership, address, phone, email, etc." but there is nothing in the description that says that it's a deposit for a pre order of a Maverik.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The dealership I went to required a $1,000 dls deposit, I was able to ordered with a deposit of only $500. But the receipt they gave me says "Amount paid by: my name, date, time, name of the cashier, name of the dealership, address, phone, email, etc." but there is nothing in the description that says that it's a deposit for a pre order of a Maverik.
$100.00 Deposit to order....all spelled out on a form, along with requirement of picking up, within timeframe noted, or forfeit to the dealer. - All above board and spelled out...just the way I like doing business!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine was also $500.00!

·
Registered
2022 Cactus Gray Lariat Lux 360 Hybrid
208 Posts
Here's the Google Voice text of the sales guy who told me a $5000 deposit was required. I was thinking I misremembered when people here kept saying "$500" deposit. I'm so damn glad I didn't just throw the money at him! Oh, and look. If for any reason I'm not satisfied, I was welcome to sell it through them. I assume that means I would've been obligated to actually buy it!

Font Number Document Circle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's the Google Voice text of the sales guy who told me a $5000 deposit was required. I was thinking I misremembered when people here kept saying "$500" deposit. I'm so damn glad I didn't just throw the money at him! Oh, and look. If for any reason I'm not satisfied, I was welcome to sell it through them. I assume that means I would've been obligated to actually buy it!

What a joke! Looks like every dealer is making up their own rules now and taking advantage of the high demand of the Maverik.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ordered mine over the phone and e-mail. Never saw my salesman in person. No deposit required.

Reactions: Rivers99

·
Registered
5 Posts
Odd. I just ordered one today. I was told “no money for a deposit is fine. We either sell you the truck or it gets sold to someone else if you don’t like it”
Same for me...$0 I figure a lot of places wouldn't mind you backing out should it get built. The only thing my dealership asked is that if I decide not to buy it, to please send them a email or drop off a note stating such. I figure that is to make corporate happy when they selling to for thousands more.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I went through that somewhat. Papers didn't agree with each other? Make copy and notes. Be sure at final signing that it is correct!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Odd. I just ordered one today. I was told “no money for a deposit is fine. We either sell you the truck or it gets sold to someone else if you don’t like it”
Same here, dealership was realistic in thinking that any order was a guaranteed allotment and sale. Did have to show up at the dealer but no money was exchanged. Filled out the paperwork back in July and was ordered a few days ago over phone/e-mail. Even confirmed the price just in case this dealership starts talking about markup, they were good on the last purchase from them and they really want my trade ( F150 ).

·
Registered
2017 Escape, 2017 Ram 1500
172 Posts
Mine was also $500, refundable. I heard from others that it may make a difference down the line that our order would be taken more seriously. As long as it’s refundable, I ok with a deposit
Your giving the dealership money to order the vehicle means nothing to Ford Motor Company, they never see that deposit, it belongs solely to the dealership. They only want to see that it was a real person ordering the vehicle and not the dealership playing games to put the vehicle into their inventory and selling it for $10K over MSRP when nobody else seems to be even able to get one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put down no money. Got my truck in 7 months. 36 months at 0% interest.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts