Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Ordered a 23 XLT, FX4, LUX PACKAGE, 360, TOW PACAKGE Area 51 Eco Boost.

If you own one, was it worth the wait or should I start shopping for a Ranger or Frontier?
Depends on what you want out of it.

The Maverick isn't much of a truck. It really is just an small SUV with a bed.

If you have an intentions of off-roading the Maverick will deeply disappoint. It's clearance, wheel base, and approach all stink and there isn't much you can do to improve them.

If you're mostly looking for an economic daily driver it does alright... but I sometimes wonder if the Ranger doesn't come pretty close, especially if you do a lot of city driving. Some days I get 27-28 mpg (staying on the highway) but if I spend any time in the city the MPG drops to 22ish. Fuelly says Ranger owners are getting around 20mpg compared to 26 MPG for the Maverick.

You're losing a lot of capabilities for an extra 6 mpg.

I have a love/hate relationship with my Maverick. I do like the vehicle but overall my satisfaction with it has been killed by numerous cosmetic issues and poor service from Ford Dealership service departments.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Maverick is an inexpensive vehicle that in my opinion was meant to be just that. Anyone that expects high end returns for low dollar output should change what they've been smoking. I totally agree that it can only be considered a low dollar run around vehicle without high end quality. Theres no realistic reason to expect something other than what you pay for. :unsure: I ordered one just as a kick around good MPG ride. I have my F-150 if I need a real truck.

·
Registered
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid Carbonized Gray Basic Package
13 Posts

If you own one, was it worth the wait or should I start shopping for a Ranger or Frontier?
We ordered a 2022 XLT Hybrid Carbonized Gray back in 2022/10/14 and it was handed over to us on 2022/10/06. The basically one year wait was worth it. We are averaging close to 5 mpg better than the EPA suggested mpg. It is comfortable on trips, which my job has me doing a lot. Handles side winds very well (We're in the Northwest). YES, it is worth the wait!!!

·
Registered
Carbonized Gray Lariat Lux 360/360A Hybrid
283 Posts
We ordered a 2022 XLT Hybrid Carbonized Gray back in 2022/10/14 and it was handed over to us on 2022/10/06. The basically one year wait was worth it. We are averaging close to 5 mpg better than the EPA suggested mpg. It is comfortable on trips, which my job has me doing a lot. Handles side winds very well (We're in the Northwest). YES, it is worth the wait!!!
How do you like the color? I'm not sure I'm gonna dig the chameleon-esque feature of Cactus Gray so I'm thinking of changing my order to the "traditionally classy" Carbonized Gray. Some people say it's too boring?

·
Registered
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid Carbonized Gray Basic Package
13 Posts
How do you like the color? I'm not sure I'm gonna dig the chameleon-esque feature of Cactus Gray so I'm thinking of changing my order to the "traditionally classy" Carbonized Gray. Some people say it's too boring?
Attached are some pictures. We purchased a set of rims for winter tires. One of the pictures shows the truck with winter tires on.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts

Picked up my Lariat Hybrid with copilot 360 end of September and have about 4,000 miles on it. Very comfortable smooth ride and handles great. Took a couple 1,000 trips and enjoyed driving it. My mpg is running higher than Ford estimated. Combined I am getting 41.2 mpg and city driving under 55 mph I get 50 plus mpg. Very pleased and since it was almost 12 months waiting and am glad I hung it there for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got mine just about two weeks Area 51 Hybrid XLT after waiting 13months. I have to say I'm loving it, nice smooth ride and very comfortable. To me yes I'm glad I waited worth the wait, getting a lot of complements on the color choice as well. Good luck with what ever you decide

·
Registered
24 Posts
I received my Maverick Lariat Hybrid last month. From order to delivery it took exactly 375 days. I have a pretty long work commute and have averaged 42.1 MPG on the highway. Have no complaints about ride quality. A little bummed out that the Lariat package did not come with heated seats but that's my fault for assuming that it did and not checking. All and all very happy with it so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
Carbonized Gray Lariat Lux 360/360A Hybrid
283 Posts
I received my Maverick Lariat Hybrid last month. From order to delivery it took exactly 375 days. I have a pretty long work commute and have averaged 42.1 MPG on the highway. Have no complaints about ride quality. A little bummed out that the Lariat package did not come with heated seats but that's my fault for assuming that it did and not checking. All and all very happy with it so far.
I thought it did! But now I realize I don't think you said you got the Luxury package, where I think the heated stuff resides. Funnily, I don't need heated anything (I'm in California), but I wanted the acoustic windshield, satellite radio, and a bunch of other things that the Luxury package has.

·
Registered
22 Maverick DLX FX4 waiting on my Lariat Hybrid rollover 23
42 Posts
YES, I was able to purchase a DLX FX4 eco boost from my dealership that was unclaimed. Using it for both work and home while waiting for my Lariat Hybrid. It is everything I was hoping for. The perfect vehicle for my retirement all around vehicle. Took my first 800 mile trip and didn't feel fatigued from driving at age 65 that's a big deal. FX4 mileage varies from driving conditions. Head winds definitely lowers the MPG on highway. Funny thing is other than the DLX it is mostly a twin to my Lariat order. Chances of that happening....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts