Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you get the charging pad in the XLT model? I didn't notice it in any of the add-on packages for the XLT.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The thing is, without sync 4 and wireless Carplay/Android Auto, I'll have my phone plugged into the USB port all the time anyway for AA, so not a big deal. Would've been nice for a passenger maybe.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Honda Insight EX (2019)
35 Posts
The thing is, without sync 4 and wireless Carplay/Android Auto, I'll have my phone plugged into the USB port all the time anyway for AA, so not a big deal. Would've been nice for a passenger maybe.

I'm going to have my phone plugged in anyway for AA. My girlfriend will probably use the wireless pad when she's riding with me.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Good point. I'm thinking of upgrading to an aftermarket head unit for wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto

·
Registered
Honda Insight EX (2019)
35 Posts
Good point. I'm thinking of upgrading to an aftermarket head unit for wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
Lots of newer vehicles freak out about aftermarket heads. If the Maverick is one, you can purchase an AA wireless dongle online.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's just in the Lariat with the LUX package.

I find it trash cars have so much cool stuff nowdays, but much of it is artificially gated to the super expensive trims.

Like the first time I saw push button start on a family member car I was pretty wowed with the technology. But I have learned, fact is because it's such an upsell item I'll probably never own a vehicle with that feature!

I mean I get it, but I dont have to love it. A wireless charging pad would be really neat, but no way I'm affording the what, 40k lariat trim? Heck the main reason I'm even looking at a Mav is the low price!

Also for that matter though I've seen for example the Ranger has a place to put your phone (I dont think it's a wireless charging pad, just a place to put it while it charges via a wire), but it's so stupid because it only fits really tiny phones! I'm talking about even a Pixel 4a for people who know phones, is too big! Just such dumb and not thought out engineering.

edit: judging by an above comment that it charges slow they probably fubared the wireless charging too via similar short sightedness.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A wireless charging pad would be really neat, but no way I'm affording the what, 40k lariat trim?
Lariat w/Lux pkg is around $30k without any extra add-ons. Not that I disagree with your points, but it's still relatively affordable. If all you want is wireless charging though it's totally not worth it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just read one of the, I believe, ford trucks (maybe 150) won’t have it due to chip shortages presently going forward. My mistake, it is GM vehicles that they are doing this to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts