Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Area 51 XLT hybrid ordered 11/9/21
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They will call me with more details next week. I'm HOPING that cruise control WILL be available for an XL, in which case I will switch to XL from XLT, with ONLY add-on being the trailer hitch. :D

WTF?: I ordered 5 days before the the deadline for the hybrid. :mad:

·
Registered
79 Posts
So
They will call me with more details next week. I'm HOPING that cruise control WILL be available for an XL, in which case I will switch to XL from XLT, with ONLY add-on being the trailer hitch. :D

WTF?: I ordered 5 days before the the deadline for the hybrid. :mad:
Did they mention if you were price locked to the 22MY price or if your upcoming private offer was still applicable?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm sure you can STILL get a non-hybrid '22!
You can't order any Mavericks. Closed since Nov/Jan. Still not sure how your dealership knows your order is flipping to a '23. Not a single piece of news has been released to dealers about that. Plus, with the '23 Order bank moving abck a month, seems like more '22 orders will get scheduled now.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can't order any Mavericks. Closed since Nov/Jan. Still not sure how your dealership knows your order is flipping to a '23. Not a single piece of news has been released to dealers about that. Plus, with the '23 Order bank moving abck a month, seems like more '22 orders will get scheduled now.
Obviously my dealer was notified by Ford. I'll find out more details this coming week when he calls me. It makes sense that '22 orders that flipped to '23s will go into production in August to take up the backlog before they take brand new orders, so those don't have a delay right from the get-go.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Obviously my dealer was notified by Ford. I'll find out more details this coming week when he calls me. It makes sense that '22 orders that flipped to '23s will go into production in August to take up the backlog before they take brand new orders, so those don't have a delay right from the get-go.
'23 production was supposed to start on Ocr 24th. That most likely will change with the move to Sept 15 order date. '23 model year will not go into production in August. Obviously your dealer has some inside information. Please let us know what he tells you next week.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I work for a dealership. I was referring to my existing '22 orders. If they were being "flipped", you would see that on the screen I shared. That's why I'm skeptical of your info.
I will post as soon as I hear back from dealership. In the meantime, Tomorrow morning, I am going to call Ford directly to (A) find out if I will get 2023 for same price quoted November (which BTW is $1,000 higher NOW on Ford.com) and (B) if (hopefully) cruise control is available as an option on the XL for 2023, in which case I'll switch from an XLT to XL. I actually LIKE the XL wheels just fine.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts