Area 51 XLT hybrid ordered 11/9/21
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ford has announced 2023 Maverick orders will be opening up on August 2nd. This is a couple of weeks earlier than expected for this small pickup truck.

Tomorrow is the day!
Hey!!! The Ford.com website is still showing 2022s. WTF? I thought 2023 orders meant you can order on the website. I am trying to find out IF cruise control will be an option on the XL, in case I'll switch to from an XLT, and I'll have a totally base model XL with cruise control and trailer hitch as only options. (y)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
For cry eye! I called Ford, and they said 2023 orders for Maverick will start way out on Sept. 23rd!!! :cry::cry::cry: I will undoubtedly not get it until over a year after I ordered!!!

I'm no Spring chicken, so I will be pissed if I don't make it until then. Wait! I won't even be able to be pissed if I don't. :(

·
Registered
79 Posts
For cry eye! I called Ford, and they said 2023 orders for Maverick will start way out on Sept. 23rd!!! :cry::cry::cry: I will undoubtedly not get it until over a year after I ordered!!!

I'm no Spring chicken, so I will be pissed if I don't make it until then. Wait! I won't even be able to be pissed if I don't. :(
You must've missed the announcements that the 23MY order bank opening was pushed to September. They're hoping to fulfill the outstanding 22MY orders.

·
Registered
1 Posts
They will call me with more details next week. I'm HOPING that cruise control WILL be available for an XL, in which case I will switch to XL from XLT, with ONLY add-on being the trailer hitch. :D

WTF?: I ordered 5 days before the the deadline for the hybrid. :mad:
Hey, let me ask you, what is allowing you hope that the 23 XL will have cruise as a stand alone option?
Have you heard anything about this? Even rumors? I've heard nothing, and I read way more than a consumer
should have to about this stinking truck - that's all we have to do really..
I like the XL wheels and interior better also - along with the $2,400, but I have seen nothing to indicate that cruise
will be an option on the 23XL. Ration thinking and common sense (if you can use those when talking about this fantasy truck and incompetent Ford marketing and production ) says the only reason a lot are going to the XLT is the cruise control. Many don't care for the lighter interior with orange accents or even the dull black aluminum wheels. Why would Ford allow you to get cruise control for a few hundred when they are getting $2,400 now?
My plan is for an XL and buying the 2 switches for $75 and risking removing the air bag to install them with Forscan.
Have you heard something?
-Robert

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hey, let me ask you, what is allowing you hope that the 23 XL will have cruise as a stand alone option?
Have you heard anything about this? Even rumors? I've heard nothing, and I read way more than a consumer
should have to about this stinking truck - that's all we have to do really..
I like the XL wheels and interior better also - along with the $2,400, but I have seen nothing to indicate that cruise
will be an option on the 23XL. Ration thinking and common sense (if you can use those when talking about this fantasy truck and incompetent Ford marketing and production ) says the only reason a lot are going to the XLT is the cruise control. Many don't care for the lighter interior with orange accents or even the dull black aluminum wheels. Why would Ford allow you to get cruise control for a few hundred when they are getting $2,400 now?
My plan is for an XL and buying the 2 switches for $75 and risking removing the air bag to install them with Forscan.
Have you heard something?
-Robert
Have not heard anything. Just hoping. When I ordered my 1995 F-150 XL , the ONLY two options I added were cruise control and A/C (was not standard back then). It took 3 months to get, add I got it for $4K cheaper than anything on the dealer lot (was a Ford truck center; no cars).

·
Registered
3 Posts
They will call me with more details next week. I'm HOPING that cruise control WILL be available for an XL, in which case I will switch to XL from XLT, with ONLY add-on being the trailer hitch. :D

Mine is supposed to be built this week at the end of the model year, I ordered 8/18/2021. So I may see mine a year plus after I ordered. Be Blessed Grasshopper, Snap Happens. 🖖

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Mine is supposed to be built this week at the end of the model year, I ordered 8/18/2021. So I may see mine a year plus after I ordered. Be Blessed Grasshopper, Snap Happens. 🖖
If yours ordered mid August is END of the '22 model year, there is no way mine ordered 3 months later could be. It has to be a '23. That is why dealer called and informed me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So

Did they mention if you were price locked to the 22MY price or if your upcoming private offer was still applicable?

Don't feel too bad. I ordered June 23, '21 and picked up July 22, '22. 13 months; hybrid XLT with lux pack. took forever. I'm not too surprised that hybrids will fall over into next year

21 - 36 of 36 Posts