Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lariat Luxury package sounds like a rip off, but I might bite anyway if the driving aids are worth it. I have ABSOLUTELY no interest in the 1st edition package.

My Taurus Limited has what I consider ESSENTIALS in order of importance.
1 Intelligent Access
2 Push button start
3 Cruise Control
4 Automatic climate control (dual zone is no big deal either way)
5 Cooled seats – Can’t believe Maverick doesn’t offer them. SOUTH MISSISSIPPI REQUIREMENT.
6 Remote start on keyfob

So the BASIC Lariat 500A checks all my boxes except cooled seats.. and … remote start on keyfob (App will work).

For $3k, Lariat Luxury is mostly giving me heated stuff we don’t need in Mississippi. I already optioned CoPilot 360, Trailer Hitch, and 110V inverter so Luxury package has some overlap.
I also won’t mind the Box Light, Bed Liner, ACC w stop/go, remote start on FOB, parking sensors, and Lane CENTERING sounds cool. The rest is useless fluff

Considering I drive M-F in small city traffic, and I make a 6 hour drive every weekend on the same 2 lane road:

I drive 20 minutes through light city traffic and 10 red lights on my daily commute. I catch at least 5 lights behind traffic. Is ACC w stop/go useful or annoying/dangerous for such?

The weekend drive is long and boring. ACC would be nice here, but will lane centering be useful on a boring county road that’s not always clearly marked/painted? I know it’s not hands free driving so may be no benefit.

Very little interstate travel for me which is where I would guess lane centering and ACC shine together.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Honestly, given your description of the type of driving you do on a regular basis, I think the Lariat Luxury package is worth the investment. If I were in your shoes, the included safety features would be a factor. (ie: Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Centering, Parking Sensors, & Evasive Steering) However, you also mentioned the long, boring commute you make on the weekends, so I definitely think the full size spare tire would be good to have in case of a blowout in BFE, and to be honest, I'd almost get the package for enterainment features alone, just to make the long boring trip more bearable.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never used anything more than cruise control. That's why I'm asking. Thanks for the endorsement FOR driving aids

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've never even ridden in a car with cooled seats. I always thought that was a luxury car type of thing. My wife loves having heated seats. (Even though we live in Southern California. I would hate for her to live in an area with REAL winter weather.)

·
Registered
21 Posts
For argument:
I have adaptive cruise in my Buick and my wife has it in her Subaru. We both enjoy it and wouldn’t buy another vehicle without it. The benefit of maintaining following distance and auto braking when the person in front of you decides they want to make a last minute exit/lane change has saved both of us. Our cars also have lane keeping which ping pongs you back and forth but the lane centering should be less intrusive.

Not really against, just something’s to be aware of.
With ACC, if someone enters your “following distance” window it will brake and depending on how close to you they are, it will brake hard. If someone is slowing to turn, it can and will brake hard (it doesn’t know if you are going to rearend them or not). I’m both cases, I estimate their distance and time and might let it slow me down or I might override the braking by applying the accelerator to prevent the sudden braking. For the lane centering, wife had a 2021 outback with it and we took it on a road trip and it was constantly fighting her to the point of turning it off. If you aren’t where it wants you to be in the lane (centered or not) you are in for a fight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was upset that the rear parking sensors are only available in that package. Those should be in base.
I agree On the sensors. That should be standard on all cars at this point,

I have adaptive cruise, and I can take it or leave it. it is nice with respect to the person you are behind, but annoying for the person behind you. In South Florida I find that the person behind me is always riding my bumper When I have adaptive cruise on. Maybe the Ford accelerates faster, but I doubt it. Rarely will you be going full speed in adaptive cruise.

Lane centering is a nice option. Seems my car has gotten less sensitive as time has gone on because in the beginning it corrected a lot more. I don’t use lane keep that much, but it is a nice option. I barely use lane departure warning.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My spouse had a Fusion with cooled seats. TBH, it mostly felt like I had wet my pants.
In Mississippi...after work outside or in a metal industrial building.... your underwear and part of pants WILL be wet from high heat and humidity.

Cooled seats help dry you out.

·
Registered
240 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Fuck Lariat and fuck Ecoboost. You wonder why? If you want luxury you don't get a Maverick Lariat, you get a Lexus. If you want performance you don't get a Maverick Ecoboost, you get a Mustang. It's bizarre how people want everything out of a basic cheap pickup truck. But you are right, whatever rocks your boat while hopefully keeping in mind that the Maverick Lariat will never be luxurious and the Ecoboost will never be fast.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Fuck Lariat and fuck Ecoboost. You wonder why? If you want luxury you don't get a Maverick Lariat, you get a Lexus. If you want performance you don't get a Maverick Ecoboost, you get a Mustang. It's bizarre how people want everything out of a basic cheap pickup truck. But you are right, whatever rocks your boat while hopefully keeping in mind that the Maverick Lariat will never be luxurious and the Ecoboost will never be fast.
TROLL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts