Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my 2022 maverick and love it. Its an amazing truck, has almost everything except for the LED headlights. I searched through a bunch of forms but, was wondering if owners have upgraded there lights with LED bulbs and which ones and how do they like them?

Saw this recommended in a maverick Facebook group, they seem to have good reviews on Amazon and their own website, and I'm deciding to go with them. Any other ideas for better lighting or LED bulbs I should check out? Looking to replace the high and low beams, and maybe the fogs.

·
Registered
Ordered a white XLT 2.0 FWD with mats and hitch receiver, that's it!
162 Posts
On another MY Chat Room I posted this when this same discussion came up, and encourage everyone to consider it.

If the MY comes with non-LED headlights, I want to run the risk there is in asking anyone planning to replace them with LED's to think of the oncoming drivers you meet in the dark especially on two lane roads, and reconsider.
Many LED headlights, even on dim, are tough on older eyes when it is dark and especially if the two lane road is wet. They make it VERY hard for many of us oncoming older drivers to see the lines that are already partially obscured by the water and the side of the road. For us who have to wear glasses the glare that is going to happen because of glasses only makes it worse. Regular headlights? Not a problem. Low to the ground LED lights in cars? Ok. But most pickups, ESPECIALLY tall pickups, like the Fords with two on top of each other and are up high on each side? I actually have to slow down in order to safely make it past those pickups because they pretty much blind me, and other than no more 20/20 vision, my eyes are healthy for being 74 next month. Those who have the start of cataracts but not bad enough to do anything about yet, like my wife? Truly blinding.
And then there are those who think it is cool to have a bar of LEDS that are fine for 4 wheeling but have them on also on a two lane road or are blasting in your rear view mirrors even though it is barely raining or not raining nor foggy. They are really bad.
So, please, think of those of us coming in the opposite direction that are of the age you will be sometime if you are not already and are experiencing some of the things that come with age. If you need them because of your eyes that is different, but ...
Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think all Mavericks have LED headlights, it is just the XL and XLT does not have the LED Daytime Running Lights. The turn signals/running lights are not LED and that is what a lot of people are changing to LED. The Lariat has the Signature LED DRLs with integrated turn signals in the headlight housing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Maverick comes Standard with LED Headlights. Most of the other lights are incandescent. Try looking at LasFit LED, they have a kit with ALL the LED Bulbs that do not come LED on the Maverick. I have installed most of them and they work great, no hyper flash, super bright and most are fairly easy to install.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think all Mavericks have LED headlights, it is just the XL and XLT does not have the LED Daytime Running Lights. The turn signals/running lights are not LED and that is what a lot of people are changing to LED. The Lariat has the Signature LED DRLs with integrated turn signals in the headlight housing.
Yes it does have, but my led headlights just look quite..different, maybe because of the pattern? anyway I don't like them 😂

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Maverick comes Standard with LED Headlights. Most of the other lights are incandescent. Try looking at LasFit LED, they have a kit with ALL the LED Bulbs that do not come LED on the Maverick. I have installed most of them and they work great, no hyper flash, super bright and most are fairly easy to install.
Yeah I've considered lasfit before, but I'm a little worried about the longevity cuz my neighbor has swapped a lot of lasfit.. Or I can't say something like that since I haven't used them by my own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts