Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any audio heads out there? Anybody going with aftermarket sound system? Wanted to give the B & O sound system a shot but didn’t want the rest of the luxury package. Figured Ill just get aftermarket mids/tweeters installed with a good 4 channel amp at my local audio store. Probably will install a couple shallow mount subwoofers in a stealth box shortly after that as well depending on the space and configuration of the back seat once I get eyes on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not an audio head myself, but I have never known an audio head to be happy about any factory system. I'm sure there will be a lot of people putting in new systems whether they got the luxury package or not.

I wonder if the underseat storage will end up fitted with subs. The extreme guys will probably do a back seat delete and have a massive system in the entire rear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We purchased the luxury package on the Lariat for the Adaptive Cruise control option. We got the B&O sound system with the luxury package, but I'm not sure I'll keep them in the long term. I figure I'll let the warranty run out on it and then upgrade it to a nice set of Kenwoods or Alpine. I don't get too complicated with my sub woofers (typically under seats only). I don't care if the car next to me can hear what im playing. But I am curious about the quality of the B&O's. I'll keep you posted when it arrives.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We purchased the luxury package on the Lariat for the Adaptive Cruise control option. We got the B&O sound system with the luxury package, but I'm not sure I'll keep them in the long term. I figure I'll let the warranty run out on it and then upgrade it to a nice set of Kenwoods or Alpine. I don't get too complicated with my sub woofers (typically under seats only). I don't care if the car next to me can hear what im playing. But I am curious about the quality of the B&O's. I'll keep you posted when it arrives.

I heard mixed reviews be curious how it sounds. Keep us posted for sure

·
Registered
73 Posts
Long as the speakers don't rattle (as I seen on some F150's, I'll be happy enough with the B&O system. I like decent sounds, but I don't need anything early shattering. I have a Malibu with the upgraded Pioneer system (factory) and it sounds very nice to me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’m for sure doing an upgrade. Factory speakers suck. I’m going to probably do another Rockford setup like I did in my focus. (5x7 2-ways in the doors, etc) and a enclosed powered subwoofer. Looks like a 8” or 10” might fit under the back seat.
Output device Font Audio equipment Electronic device Loudspeaker

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm fairly certain the B&O system in the lariat luxury will be very nice. I've always felt that the aftermarket systems are more compromising.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Long as the speakers don't rattle (as I seen on some F150's, I'll be happy enough with the B&O system. I like decent sounds, but I don't need anything early shattering. I have a Malibu with the upgraded Pioneer system (factory) and it sounds very nice to me.
I can tell you that I have heard that the B & O system on the volvos are supposed to be exceptional. That is not to say that they will use the same equipment on the maverick. I have the harmon kardon factory system on my volvo - it is very very good.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got the lariat with teh BO, I may upgrade it hurry an post pics of your new setup. So I'll know what to tell best buy to do haha.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you are going to upgrade anyway, why would you spend the money on the B&O system?
Wanted adaptive cruise and lane keep. I may keep it if it's good enough. I've never upgraded audio in a car thought it be fun to try. I will try to get a rear view with homelink and auto dimming for sure.

·
Registered
180 Posts
There's a small amount of room behind the rear seat where the jack kit is located according to the Sandy Munro video.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have the 2.0T and will be taking out the storage compartments under the back seat and putting a sub enclosure under that. The amp racks will go behind the the back seat.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts