Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We shall see... but my lowest expectation is to enable cruise control. Optionally it would be nice to add the heated steering wheel feature. If I can find a distance sensor for around $100 I will try to add the adaptive cruise control, but I don't want to spend more than that considering that it won't be able to perform stop and go.

Lane centering is an unknown, but perhaps not impossible to hack on a pilot 360 package?

Besides that, I will try to figure out how to put to work the paddle shifters that this steering wheel comes with. Maybe lower gear adaptation?

Leather wrapped will be a free upgrade of this XL steering wheel. I'll take that one too!

·
Registered
23 Posts
We shall see... but my lowest expectation is to enable cruise control. Optionally it would be nice to add the heated steering wheel feature. If I can find a distance sensor for around $100 I will try to add the adaptive cruise control, but I don't want to spend more than that considering that it won't be able to perform stop and go.

Lane centering is an unknown, but perhaps not impossible to hack on a pilot 360 package?

Besides that, I will try to figure out how to put to work the paddle shifters that this steering wheel comes with. Maybe lower gear adaptation?

Leather wrapped will be a free upgrade of this XL steering wheel. I'll take that one too!
Well, you sound fairly competent so you likely know this, but I'm pretty sure you will have under hood work to get cruise control operational. My old F150 XL does not have the CC module (a rectangular box mounted to the right of the brake booster), so I would guess that you won't have it either.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, you sound fairly competent so you likely know this, but I'm pretty sure you will have under hood work to get cruise control operational. My old F150 XL does not have the CC module (a rectangular box mounted to the right of the brake booster), so I would guess that you won't have it either.

What year is your "old" F150?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Cars that utilize electronic throttle bodies do not use a separate cruise control module, per se. Not like the old days anyway. The throttle body ultimately controls that function.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cars that utilize electronic throttle bodies do not use a separate cruise control module, per se. Not like the old days anyway. The throttle body ultimately controls that function.

In a hybrid is more complicated than that... Let's just say the Vehicle System Control Module (VSCM) is responsible to control the power delivery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In a hybrid is more complicated than that... Let's just say the Vehicle System Control Module (VSCM) is responsible to control the power delivery.
I'm definitely interested in this - would be happy to help once I get my maverick particularly for the cruise control if its possible.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2003 F150 was the last year before the introduction of the drive-by-wire system, so yes in your case you needed to add the Cruise Control module.

·
Registered
23 Posts
2003 F150 was the last year before the introduction of the drive-by-wire system, so yes in your case you needed to add the Cruise Control module.
OK, so I paid up for an XLT just to get CC... and all I needed was new steering wheel. LOL, that figures. After driving my F150 across over half the U.S., not having cc was not an option. Let us know how your upgrades go!

·
Registered
14 Posts

WARNING: Unsolicited conjecture based on older Ford CAN architecture

The heated wheel will likely need a HSWM (heated steering wheel module), typically mounted under or near the steering column. It'll have to be tied into the CAN network and talk to the SCCM, and of course, a new climate module with the heated wheel button on it. Not sure if they're VIN tied like they were on the Fusion, but if you're that far in already it's not really an issue.

ACC will need a radar block (CCM), wiring with power and CAN access, mounting bracket, and ideally a Lariat grille with the plastic bit that protects the radar from rocks. AFAIK, it should work if the BCM and ABS modules are configured to recognize it, and the SCCM is configured to recognize the new switch pack for adaptive cruise. It would also need to be calibrated, not sure if that's doable through ForScan alone.

Lane centering should be possible with ACC, since (I think) the ACC radar is part of the lane centering system. I think the radar block is the only missing hardware outside of the CP360 package [Citation Needed].

Also, since you picked up the ACC buttons, it'll work if the rest of the truck is configured for regular cruise. But instead of programming the SCCM for normal cruise, set the SCCM config for an ACC switch pack because the internal resistances of the buttons are different and it won't recognize it otherwise.

·
Registered
211 Posts
OK, so I paid up for an XLT just to get CC... and all I needed was new steering wheel. LOL, that figures. After driving my F150 across over half the U.S., not having cc was not an option. Let us know how your upgrades go!
It is unknown exactly what will be needed in the Maverick at this time. Mav will find out.
Some Ford vehicles need different info from other modules to enable different features. Some trim levels have different modules. Just because you can do it one way in one car didn't mean you can on another.
That said, on some vehicles all that was required was a steering wheel and someone willing to flip an electronic switch with the proper software.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I really hope you can enable cruise control at least. These modules will need to be configured, what software do you plan to use? Forscan? I have some knowledge of the Ford tech tools, with FDRS, You can't fool with as-built, it always checks a modules VIN first, and everything is stored in the cloud, very difficult to hack without Ford engineering tool and passwords. But maybe it wont be so bad. Why they didn't include cruise control, they are out of their minds. Must not want to sell XL models. It's only a couple extra switches on the steering wheel, it's all electronically controlled, you dont need extra parts beside that, it's just software.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I really hope you can enable cruise control at least. These modules will need to be configured, what software do you plan to use? Forscan? I have some knowledge of the Ford tech tools, with FDRS, You can't fool with as-built, it always checks a modules VIN first, and everything is stored in the cloud, very difficult to hack without Ford engineering tool and passwords. But maybe it wont be so bad. Why they didn't include cruise control, they are out of their minds. Must not want to sell XL models. It's only a couple extra switches on the steering wheel, it's all electronically controlled, you dont need extra parts beside that, it's just software.
I bought a forscan USB adapter. I'm going to try to fuck Ford really bad, at least as much as they fucked me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts