Ford Maverick Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I bought the ACC radar distance module. Looking for the harness and the bracket, now.

Need to admit that at times I feel stupid by buying all these parts as my build has been sitting in production for almost 3 weeks now.

Man, I do hope to be able to hack this thing to get back at Ford for all the emotional sufferings.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I bought the ACC radar distance module. Looking for the harness and the bracket, now.

Need to admit that at times I feel stupid by buying all these parts as my build has been sitting in production for almost 3 weeks now.

Man, I do hope to be able to hack this thing to get back at Ford for all the emotional sufferings.
Have you thought about the different instrument display used in base XLT and that used in Lariat/FX4? Since ACC is only used in the higher trim levels with the better display in the instrument cluster, it might be safe to assume the ACC won't work properly with the lower trim displays since it may not be able to indicate the function of that feature?
Of course I don't know, just something else to think about and research.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Have you thought about the different instrument display used in base XLT and that used in Lariat/FX4? Since ACC is only used in the higher trim levels with the better display in the instrument cluster, it might be safe to assume the ACC won't work properly with the lower trim displays since it may not be able to indicate the function of that feature?
Of course I don't know, just something else to think about and research.
Yes, it is one of the many concerns. However, I don't see what the problem should be. There isn't much that is displayed for setting ACC other than the activation and the distance. The activation is controlled by the 8" screen. Having the 360 package should give me some advantages in the settings, by enabling the driving assistance tab. Other Ford vehicles have ACC without the large dashboard screen. The Fusion comes to mind. So yeah... we will see.

What keeps me optimistic, is a commonly used software engineering principle called SSOT. I can hardly believe that the Maverick will have different software versions depending on the accessories. Ford would find itself in a nightmarish matrix of versions and releases that would be impossible to maintain and QA. I bank on the fact that the software is one for all versions and dark launched and controlled by flags/settings which should be hopefully "easily" updated with Forscan.

For sure this is going to be a journey with many possible outcomes.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Any update yet? Currently putting a 2020 escape wheel in my truck
That is exciting!

No news from my side other that I got a distance sensor (aka radar) from a 2020 Escape. I found it used on ebay. My investment in upgraded parts for the Mav is getting silly considering Ford inability to deliver my hybrid.

Please let us know your findings.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alright, I have done pretty extensive research on the cruise switches, it seems as far as I can see on the ford parts website, that the escape and maverick use the same exact switches based on the trim obviously. Once my escape wheel was on, I headed to my local dealer where i have a buddy who is a tech, we sat there for an hour trying to figure it out. None of the buttons work with the new wheel. He reset a few things and got the OK button to work for about 15-30 seconds after keying the vehicle on, but then nothing. Unfortunately, Ford has came out with a new program for servicing with their "as built" mentality, and its not as easy as back in the day with IDS where you could just click the activate cruise control box and go on your way. So, my factory wheel is back on, and I'm currently digging through as builts with a few different vehicles and various forums to see what I can do to get this going with forscan. I have a buddy with forscan, which I should have Friday. There is a pretty good write up in one of the Ranger forums, so I'm sort of piggy backing off of that for now to try and gain some knowledge. From what I can see, he had a few more things to change, however, his ranger had no buttons on the left side, whereas the Maverick has buttons on both sides, so I'm hoping that that was his problem with the extra things he had to change. I doubt I'll get that lucky, but its a start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
However, as far as your Adaptive cruise sensor goes, I have found an area in the As Builts for the escape that are different than the mavericks, and I believe one of them is the module for the sensor, I could be completely wrong though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Alright, I have done pretty extensive research on the cruise switches, it seems as far as I can see on the ford parts website, that the escape and maverick use the same exact switches based on the trim obviously. Once my escape wheel was on, I headed to my local dealer where i have a buddy who is a tech, we sat there for an hour trying to figure it out. None of the buttons work with the new wheel. He reset a few things and got the OK button to work for about 15-30 seconds after keying the vehicle on, but then nothing. Unfortunately, Ford has came out with a new program for servicing with their "as built" mentality, and its not as easy as back in the day with IDS where you could just click the activate cruise control box and go on your way. So, my factory wheel is back on, and I'm currently digging through as builts with a few different vehicles and various forums to see what I can do to get this going with forscan. I have a buddy with forscan, which I should have Friday. There is a pretty good write up in one of the Ranger forums, so I'm sort of piggy backing off of that for now to try and gain some knowledge. From what I can see, he had a few more things to change, however, his ranger had no buttons on the left side, whereas the Maverick has buttons on both sides, so I'm hoping that that was his problem with the extra things he had to change. I doubt I'll get that lucky, but its a start.
Thanks for trying it out. This outcome was sort of anticipated based on recent reports from other Ford owners of F150s and other models.

We definetly need to resort to Forscan.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts