Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it's similar to the Baby Bronco, will we have cheap and easy to install leveling kits?
Even FWD models?

·
Registered
107 Posts

I was interested in seeing if something like this would be made available for the Maverick but I've heard that members from BroncoSport forums are less than happy with the kit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Leveling kits are usually OK at first, but they don't do anything about factory spring rates. If the factory springs are soft, slapping a spacer on top won't help, and can cause premature spring failure. A proper coil-over swap is, while much more costly, ultimately a better solution. I put a coil over swap kit on my Jeep Liberty (all versions of the liberty were known to have overly-soft OEM springs) and it was a night and day difference in the ride quality. It went from "wallowy and soft" to "Crisp and bright" without being harsh. Guys who put spacer kits in their Liberties usually ended up swapping to coil overs within a couple years, if they kept the Liberty. I obviously can't speak for the Mav, as it isn't even out yet, but as a general rule of thumb, OEM springs are chosen for value and to JUST meet the specifications. Aftermarket springs are almost always better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts