Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a dealer in the Pacific Northwest (Or close) that will do the 4% under invoice...... Philly is like 2000 miles away ...I drove once to Ohio and it was a 25-hour drive, No thank you! So I can't order from Chapman... Anyone close to the west?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am in Arizona and I’ve called almost all the dealers within 500 miles. No one is offering below MSRP. I have settled to just use X Pricing.
I probably will feel lucky for the X pricing...But I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask..:)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
232 Posts
And what does that do??
x Price is not incredible but does save a little. Discounts in photo

doc fee is capped at $100

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Looking for a dealer in the Pacific Northwest (Or close) that will do the 4% under invoice...... Philly is like 2000 miles away ...I drove once to Ohio and it was a 25-hour drive, No thank you! So I can't order from Chapman... Anyone close to the west?
not to nit pick but you mean to say 4% under MSRP (window sticker), not invoice. Invoice or dealer invoice is what the dealer pays for the vehicle; no dealer in their right mind will sell a hot commodity vehicle near or under dealer invoice, many are commanding over MSRP.

·
Registered
118 Posts
not to nit pick but you mean to say 4% under MSRP (window sticker), not invoice. Invoice or dealer invoice is what the dealer pays for the vehicle; no dealer in their right mind will sell a hot commodity vehicle near or under dealer invoice, many are commanding over MSRP.
No. There is a dealer doing 4% under invoice.

·
Registered
232 Posts
nope, see attached from granger

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
My error that I didnt know X plan was being discussed. Good for you, great deal
That's not an X-plan deal. X-plan price there would be like $24065.31 before dealer doc fee.

There are in fact dealers offering 3-4% below invoice. They make it up on the end of the deal with greater allocation, extra stock from any refused orders, volume bonuses, and bonuses for conversion of reservation to sales.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I spent 35 yrs in auto sales with a few brands, can’t understand dealers dropping their pants with that kind of discount…..on a hot commodity? Isn’t ‘A’ plan (Ford workers and family) higher cost? Do they know anything about supply/demand, but not my call, it is their business. Hey, maybe those dealers are hiding drugs in those vehicles coming in from MX….

·
Registered
232 Posts
X Plan is actually over Invoice price like Darnon said
I spent 35 yrs in auto sales with a few brands, can’t understand dealers dropping their pants with that kind of discount…..on a hot commodity? Isn’t ‘A’ plan (Ford workers and family) higher cost? Do they know anything about supply/demand, but not my call, it is their business. Hey, maybe those dealers are hiding drugs in those vehicles coming in from MX….
from my understanding the more sales a dealer gets the higher priority for more inventory. Taking a zero dollar profit on a new vehicle, while selling hundreds, will assure plentiful stock to gouge people on after. I’m sure after kickbacks the dealer isn’t taking a hit. And the more the sell the less effected they are by the reduction is cost.

·
Registered
103 Posts
X Plan is actually over Invoice price like Darnon said

from my understanding the more sales a dealer gets the higher priority for more inventory. Taking a zero dollar profit on a new vehicle, while selling hundreds, will assure plentiful stock to gouge people on after. I’m sure after kickbacks the dealer isn’t taking a hit. And the more the sell the less effected they are by the reduction is cost.
you may very well be correct, I know all it takes is one dealer‘s low price to start a price war. I guess there’s always buyers out there will fly/drive hundreds of miles to save $1000 or more. I always put a lot of weight on spending my $$$ at my hometown dealer if they’re reasonably competitiv.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts