Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions that I'd love to have "definitive" answers for, if possible. My order is Carbonized Gray, Luxury Lariat, Hybrid.
1. I still keep seeing posts saying the seats are not leather. One comment said they are cheap looking. True or False?
2. WHY are they delaying the hybrid orders?
Thank you all! Love having the resource!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Two questions that I'd love to have "definitive" answers for, if possible. My order is Carbonized Gray, Luxury Lariat, Hybrid.
1. I still keep seeing posts saying the seats are not leather. One comment said they are cheap looking. True or False?
1. ActiveX is a synthetic material so not leather.

"Cheap looking" comes down to personal preference. I think they look great. Note that I have an XLT and not Lariat on order.

2. There's no definitive answer. Only speculation. Some say chip shortage. Some say Ford underestimated how many people would order the hybrid. Also from what I heard is that they're still waiting on the EPA rating. Ford is not intentionally delaying hybrid orders. If they could sell them as fast as possible they would.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. ActiveX is a synthetic material so not leather.

"Cheap looking" comes down to personal preference. I think they look great. Note that I have an XLT and not Lariat on order.

2. There's no definitive answer. Only speculation. Some say chip shortage. Some say Ford underestimated how many people would order the hybrid. Also from what I heard is that they're still waiting on the EPA rating. Ford is not intentionally delaying hybrid orders. If they could sell them as fast as possible they would.
Thank you for that!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thank you for that!
I have the Toyota version of Active X, which I think is called Ultra Leather in my 2017 Prius. I kind of love it. I'm not super hard on cars, but we do have to install car seats and transport grandchildren here and there. It never gets hot in the summer; I can just wipe up spills; nothing (so far) has left a stain; it's not cracked or scratched. I'm pleasantly surprised by how nice it looks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have seen and sat in the active-x seats on the Ford Maverick. I would agree that It’s cheap looking (and feeling) if you compare it directly next to a nice real leather seat. I don’t think anyone who has real leather seats in another car, will confuse it for leather. However, having said that, it’s not bad if you aren’t comparing them side by side. It’s much better than the vinyl from years ago. The stitching is good and if someone doesn’t pay close attention, they probably wouldn’t even notice the difference.

My only question is to the durability… but it seems to be the way most car manufacturers are going, so I guess we will all learn in a few years.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the Toyota version of Active X, which I think is called Ultra Leather in my 2017 Prius. I kind of love it. I'm not super hard on cars, but we do have to install car seats and transport grandchildren here and there. It never gets hot in the summer; I can just wipe up spills; nothing (so far) has left a stain; it's not cracked or scratched. I'm pleasantly surprised by how nice it looks.
That is all good to know! Thank you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Why do you think they are delaying hybrid orders? Has some news been released that I missed? I ordered and XLT Hybrid on 4 Sep and have a scheduled production week of 1 Nov. Of course, they can always push it out...
My seats will be fabric, but the wife has synthetic leather in her car and they look really good and have worn well (2016 Subaru).

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would think the Active X would be more durable and less of a hassle than real leather. Real leather can last a lifetime, provided you maintain it well. If you don't they crack and look really worn. The synthetic stuff is made with less upkeep in mind. Also, heat sucks when it comes to leather seats. My dad had leather seats in his old Chrysler LeBaron. I hated getting into the car when it was out in the sun. From what people say the active x stays cool. That's awesome.

There are times I wish I got a Lariat, especially since I have dogs that shed and the active x would be much easier to get dog fur off. However, I'd also just save a few grand and use that money to get some cheaper upgrades I want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would think the Active X would be more durable and less of a hassle than real leather. Real leather can last a lifetime, provided you maintain it well. If you don't they crack and look really worn. The synthetic stuff is made with less upkeep in mind. Also, heat sucks when it comes to leather seats. My dad had leather seats in his old Chrysler LeBaron. I hated getting into the car when it was out in the sun. From what people say the active x stays cool. That's awesome.

There are times I wish I got a Lariat, especially since I have dogs that shed and the active x would be much easier to get dog fur off. However, I'd also just save a few grand and use that money to get some cheaper upgrades I want.
It was a 90 degree day in TX when I sat in the Maverick and it was pretty hot to me. I remember noticing how hot it was. Now granted, the two front windows were not tinted and there was not a sunshade on the front window. Our leather seats stay pretty cool with our tint and front sunshade. Bit overall, I don’t think there is going to be much of a difference either way regarding that, but I could be wrong.

I DO hope they hold up well, I actually have a Lariat on order myself, so I’m rooting for them to be good! I do think I would have preferred the XLT seats if I could have chosen, but I wanted the other features of the Lariiat, so I didn’t really have a choice.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've seen "not real leather" on GM pickups that were a couple years old. Probably everyone is doing that now. The vinyl that is on the non body contact areas of my 96 Lincoln Mark VIII are in perfect shape and the leather is terrible. The leather in my son's 93 Mark VIII are that plush soft feel that looks like it's cracked but it probably normal and looks like the cracks belong there. There are differences in leather. I've seen leather seats cracked lately in used cars. Not sure it's the real leather or not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a chance to test drive a maverick with them , and I hated them they feel nothing like leather they felt very hot and they don’t breath like leather.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had a chance to test drive a maverick with them , and I hated them they feel nothing like leather they felt very hot and they don’t breath like leather.
Like burn your legs in shorts hot? Because my ultra leather seats in black never get that hot. I had anticipated carrying a towel to sit on in summer, and it just hasn't been necessary.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’m in texas so if the sun was hitting it yes just like a plastic seat, my shorts where swampy after the drive with good air conditioning

·
Registered
24 Posts
Why do you think they are delaying hybrid orders? Has some news been released that I missed? I ordered and XLT Hybrid on 4 Sep and have a scheduled production week of 1 Nov. Of course, they can always push it out...
My seats will be fabric, but the wife has synthetic leather in her car and they look really good and have worn well (2016 Subaru).
Can unfortunately confirm that at least when it comes to XL hybrids orders we're delayed, reserve since july 5th order since July 9th and have yet to get a VIN much less any scheduled build date 😓 cousin that was sold on it too is on the same boat ordered ~July 20th has yet to get anything other than an order confirmation

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can unfortunately confirm that at least when it comes to XL hybrids orders we're delayed, reserve since july 5th order since July 9th and have yet to get a VIN much less any scheduled build date 😓 cousin that was sold on it too is on the same boat ordered ~July 20th has yet to get anything other than an order confirmation
Strange. I wonder if it is the XL trim that is the delay (maybe setting the XLT as a higher priority), or just minor upgrade that may not be available, like factory bed liner. I kept my XLT pretty basic with just the tow hitch, co-pilot, floor liners, and front air deflector.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The only delays is because the add on specially bed liner, I took it off my order and 2 weeks later I got a built date 11/8 lx hybrid

·
Registered
24 Posts
Strange. I wonder if it is the XL trim that is the delay (maybe setting the XLT as a higher priority), or just minor upgrade that may not be available, like factory bed liner. I kept my XLT pretty basic with just the tow hitch, co-pilot, floor liners, and front air deflector.
Our builds were pretty simple no delayed accessories or anything, both with Co-pilot 360, hitch. One with area51 and inverter & the other cactus gray. For texas too so no remote state or anything like that

We couldn't get anything better than 18 though unfortunately they wouldn't give us any higher priority but still given how long ago was the order we should have something by now but from the looks of it maybe the very end of fall?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Our builds were pretty simple no delayed accessories or anything, both with Co-pilot 360, hitch. One with area51 and inverter & the other cactus gray. For texas too so no remote state or anything like that

We couldn't get anything better than 18 though unfortunately they wouldn't give us any higher priority but still given how long ago was the order we should have something by now but from the looks of it maybe the very end of fall?
Then I guess it is down to either being an XL, or possibly the color. I had a confirmed order on 4 Sep, and got the Ford email on 16 Sep, with a scheduled build week of 1 Nov. To be specific: XLT hybrid, Carbonized Grey, Co-pilot, hitch, floor liners, hood deflector... NO LUX Pkg. Did your dealer have you make a deposit? I put $500 down, which I think is fairly standard.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Then I guess it is down to either being an XL, or possibly the color. I had a confirmed order on 4 Sep, and got the Ford email on 16 Sep, with a scheduled build week of 1 Nov. To be specific: XLT hybrid, Carbonized Grey, Co-pilot, hitch, floor liners, hood deflector... NO LUX Pkg. Did your dealer have you make a deposit? I put $500 down, which I think is fairly standard.
They initially mentioned doing a deposit but after completing the build they didn't bring it up anymore. i'm guessing since the builds is pretty basic not even 1k in options even if we don't buy they won't be hard sells. Even then I'd put down 1k if it meant having it scheduled for ~1.5 months after order though 😆

·
Registered
86 Posts
I found the Active X Lariat seats very nice looking and comfortable. I don't find them to look cheap at all, I think that is totally exaggerated. When the Lariat trainer truck was at my local dealer all us that had orders all felt that the seats looked great and were really comfortable. We had a great meet and greet, it was a lot of fun comparing our builds and what each of us valued as important or not.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts