Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, new to the forum thing. Question though. Order a maverick on 10/18. Never received an email from ford. Stopped in at dealer this past Saturday just to see of they knew anything. Told me unfortunately they had not and said I probably would know something before they would. Van anyone answer if this would be true? Just looking for a time frame. One guy says less than 3 months my dealer says should be right on time for 3 months. Anyone know anything?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went in on 10/17/21 to the dealer to put the $500 down to order and on 10/21/21 Ford sent me confirmation. I think that is how it should work...some received confirmation the same or next day but I have heard now 4 or 5 cases where (and I think this is a dealer issue) the order did not get received. If the dealer had put it into the system, the system will generate the first communication automatically.

·
Registered
16 Posts
when i was ready to buy (9/10) i made the online reservation.
the default (closest) dealer called me within 2 minutes. he seemed legit and said all the right things and i sent a copy of my drivers license via e-mail and a $500 credit card deposit. within minutes after that he e-mailed me back the DORA. within an hour, i had received the confirmation e-mail directly from ford proving the dealer did all the right things.
on day one my dealer (helfman ford in stafford texas) said it would be 10-12 weeks before i would get my maverick. one day short of 9 weeks ford sent me a "built" e-mail and two days later they sent me a "shipped/in transit" e-mail with an ETA right at 11 weeks from my first call from the dealer.
so if all holds up, i'll have mine right after the thanksgiving holiday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
the default (closest) dealer called me within 2 minutes. he seemed legit and said all the right things and i sent a copy of my drivers license via e-mail and a $500 credit card deposit. within minutes after that he e-mailed me back the DORA. within an hour, i had received the confirmation e-mail directly from ford proving the dealer did all the right things.
on day one my dealer (helfman ford in stafford texas) said it would be 10-12 weeks before i would get my maverick. one day short of 9 weeks ford sent me a "built" e-mail and two days later they sent me a "shipped/in transit" e-mail with an ETA right at 11 weeks from my first call from the dealer.
What is DORA? My process steps were pretty similar with yours ($500 deposit and a piece of paper that i had to sign) and I received a confirmation email from Ford.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So, new to the forum thing. Question though. Order a maverick on 10/18. Never received an email from ford. Stopped in at dealer this past Saturday just to see of they knew anything. Told me unfortunately they had not and said I probably would know something before they would. Van anyone answer if this would be true? Just looking for a time frame. One guy says less than 3 months my dealer says should be right on time for 3 months. Anyone know anything?
Some people have gotten their official order conformation email from Ford almost immediately. I go mime 40 days after I placed the order.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Agree, the dealer dropped the ball. Mine here in Sumter, SC did the same thing. After a week and then reading on here about conformation from Ford, I call the salesman and they then sent the order in. Many dealers just don't seem interestef in selling the Maverick.

·
Registered
142 Posts
When I placed my order in August, my dealer failed to provide FORD with my email address. My sales guy connected me with the dealerships' commercial sales team and they are the actual people placing the orders, I was able to review my order page by page, and they were able to Update my order with my contact info, within 5 minutes I had my confirmation email from FORD.

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick XLT AWD velocity 🔵
15 Posts
I know I ordered on 10/19 & got an email from Ford confirming my order the day after I ordered from dealer

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered a hybrid on june 18 2021 one email to say they got my truck order. One later email to say
sorry (kind of ) and tell me I'm getting some plastic cup holder and a plastic divider of some kind.

Not scheduled !!!! Starting to lose confidence and wondering if I should wait .
Never an update , no answer to what is taking so long.
The standard engine is hybrid....not 2.0 l eco boost!
I find it hard to believe that this is the way a major corporation wishes to treat a new vehicle
customer with such indifference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered a hybrid on june 18 2021 one email to say they got my truck order. One later email to say
sorry (kind of ) and tell me I'm getting some plastic cup holder and a plastic divider of some kind.

Not scheduled !!!! Starting to lose confidence and wondering if I should wait .
Never an update , no answer to what is taking so long.
The standard engine is hybrid....not 2.0 l eco boost!
I find it hard to believe that this is the way a major corporation wishes to treat a new vehicle
customer with such indifference.
My order went in June 23. Hybrid XLT, Lux package and floor mats. Confirmed by Ford within 24 hours then crickets since. Not even the apology and here's your cup holder mssg.
Ford was caught by surprise with the Hybrid orders. Didn't expect the volume, and probably didn't expect the EPA delay. From the end user perspective, probably the dealership also makes a difference, due to volume. I'm going to Europe for 6 weeks right after tday, and hoping I'll have a build date by the time I return. Then, maybe something physical before they start taking 2023 orders

·
Registered
36 Posts
You should have gotten your confirmation email from Ford right away. .ine arrived by the time I got home that day. Call Ford customer Service. As for timing I was told Dec delivery (ordered on 9/7) but I haven't even been scheduled yet, so I wait. 😞

·
Registered
1 Posts
Someone at my dealership (G Jones, Augusta GA) dropped the ball on mine-- ordered and paid $1000 on August 26. Never heard anything. Finally, went back to dealership on October 28 and after a while, the business manager got on the stick and ordered? it. I got Ford email the next day. Haven't heard anything else.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good for you. I ordered June 28th a hybrid, still waiting....but got confirmation the same day I ordered.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Someone at my dealership (G Jones, Augusta GA) dropped the ball on mine-- ordered and paid $1000 on August 26. Never heard anything. Finally, went back to dealership on October 28 and after a while, the business manager got on the stick and ordered? it. I got Ford email the next day. Haven't heard anything else.
I'd be so pissed off! That put you 2 months behind! They need to gift you something!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
meanwhile they held a $1k deposit with no attached order... they should at least let you hold the deposit while you wait

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was told the personal orders were delayed and that adding features would further delay the Maverick. In August, my dealer showed me the window sticker of the ones he ordered. I picked one of those and took possession on 11/15.
Mine is a cactus gray XLT with pilot 360. I am very happy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you , I appreciate it; however you must have the 2.0 eco boost .
That is the optional engine trans combo.
I feel it is surprising to me that we who have ordered the standard and highly advertised hybrid
must wait and wait and wait with NO correspondence at all from Ford .
How is it we are such forgotten people ?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts