Ford Maverick Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wanted the hybrid as well, but after reading several articles, I became concerned about the delays and the towing ability of the cvt transmission. I will probably, trade for a hybrid in a few years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Understood ,
Perhaps I should as well as countless others should .
I now am beginning to doubt the whole thing .
Do you like the maverick ? Is it big enough ? I am 6ft 1 275#
Would you advise the purchase ?
I 've never been able to see or drive one in person

·
Registered
5 Posts
My salesman is 6'4 and he had plenty of headroom. The ride is smooth and tight; it is definitely a truck feel. I traded a Nissan Versa, so this one is much bigger. Years ago I had a Nissan Frontier crew cab...this one is similar.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Someone at my dealership (G Jones, Augusta GA) dropped the ball on mine-- ordered and paid $1000 on August 26. Never heard anything. Finally, went back to dealership on October 28 and after a while, the business manager got on the stick and ordered? it. I got Ford email the next day. Haven't heard anything else.
That seems to be a pretty common complaint with Maverick. Even the sales manager here in Sumter doesn't seem to care about a future sale. Just the sales to put money in their pockets now. Pretty poor business practices.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The issue with the Hybrid was not Ford, it’s the EPA that held things up. They are currently doing the 50 states emissions bit. Hybrids will start shipping in December with the OKTB coming soon.

Have to remember this is a brand new vehicle coming to market, with massive supply issues, labor issues and Covid issues. There were bound to be some bumps in the road. The good news is though that I think a bunch of Hybrids are already built so once that OK to Buy is given, they will be shipping like crazy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Understood and appreciated. However some communication from the manufacturer
would be of benefit. June 8th til nov. 20 th and perhaps months and months more with no word....
I find that speaks ...... "Do not care" to the end user.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts