Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to one dealership here in Fresno California this week , $4,995 markup on the ONE they had in stock .
Went to the other dealership here in town yesterday figuring I could order my XLT hybrid and avoid the dealer markup , nope ....$4,000 markup !
I guess I'll wait till production ramps up to order what I want .
Any suggestions , besides waiting ?
BTW , I sold my 2017 Nissan Frontier to CarMax yesterday for $1,500 MORE than I paid for it new !

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
69 Posts
Went to one dealership here in Fresno California this week , $4,995 markup on the ONE they had in stock .
Went to the other dealership here in town yesterday figuring I could order my XLT hybrid and avoid the dealer markup , nope ....$4,000 markup !
BTW , I sold my 2017 Nissan Frontier to CarMax yesterday for $1,500 MORE than I paid for it new !
FORD has a link of Mavericks that are built and being shipped to dealers in your area. Check out those links because it will give you a lead on what is coming.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would expand my search area. Clovis may have a dealer, and of course Sacto is just up the road.
You may be able to check the 'stock' status using a FoMoCo web site(I think) to see what they have, and maybe their ADM. Any dealer that plops a second sheet Munroney sticker with goofy expensive 'add ons' is off my list. Expand your horizons. If you would consider going into the toenails of the foothills, you may find a small dealer that doesn't want to make his boat payment on each sale. Good luck. If you trust distant dealers, there is one in KS that will deal, and ship if you finance through them. check maverick truck club dot com
tom

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ordered a Lariat FE Hybrid on June 10th was hoping to see a change in status on Thursday Oct 14th for a Dec build. Nothing but crickets, but it did give me time to get the
X-Plan price and saved $692 + $500 military discount =$1192 total savings. Guess I'll get it in the spring instead of Christmas.

·
Registered
166 Posts
There must be lots of Ford dealers in California or western US for that matter. I would call or email every dealer in a 500 mile radius.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went to a dealership in Phoenix and they had a XLT FX4 w/ Lux, and they said the sticker was $33,000 and they are adding $5,000 to the top because they are so in demand.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Oracle Ford In Tucson, AZ was easy to deal with and gave me my x plan and military rebate. A days drive back for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Things should improve as the assembly training takes hold.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I revisited Lithia Ford Fresno yesterday , the lot salesman was wrong .
I placed my order for my XLT Hybrid .
NO markup .
NO deposit .
Now comes the long wait.....

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up my Maverick this week and there was a $1000 mark up on it. I think he amount depends on where you live.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I revisited Lithia Ford Fresno yesterday , the lot salesman was wrong .
I placed my order for my XLT Hybrid .
NO markup .
NO deposit .
Now comes the long wait.....
Im in san antonio Texas i ordered mine last friday an no markup either ,but the ones they already had in stock had a 5,000 markup .

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered mine in June. There was no market adjustment at that time. I was not expecting it but am glad it was only $1000. Don't be surprised if they add it once the vehicle is delivered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered mine in June. There was no market adjustment at that time. I was not expecting it but am glad it was only $1000. Don't be surprised if they add it once the vehicle is delivered.
the friend of mine that ordered it works at the dealer here an was the one who suggested to me to order it because there would be no markup like the ones they already had on the lot , otherwise i wouldnt have ordered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just telling you my experience. There was no mark up when I ordered it in June from my local dealership. The mark up came at time of delivery. They told me that the Bronco was coming in with up to a $10,000 mark up. I was happy with $1000 for my Maverick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just telling you my experience. There was no mark up when I ordered it in June from my local dealership. The mark up came at time of delivery. They told me that the Bronco was coming in with up to a $10,000 mark up. I was happy with $1000 for my Maverick.
If they try an pull that they can keep it .ill walk on them .i dont need it that bad my lincoln is only 1 yr old i was just gonna buy it because its inexpensive an i can haul stuff in it .it would sit in the driveway most of the time as my lincoln is my everyday driver.so is it comfortable inside ,i saw some people were having quality issues ? Does it feel cramped to you or does it have a roomy feel?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked mine up from Rich Ford in Albuquerque at no markup and they honored my employer's X-Plan pricing. Out the door was around 36.5k.
Nice to hear ,is the quality there or were there any quality control issues ? Glad to hear they didnt try an markup on you

1 - 20 of 21 Posts