Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

To those of you who physically have the Maverick sitting in your driveway, can you do me a favor? Can you measure how long the bed is with the tailgate in the half-open or mid position? I'm thinking about building a small platform and using the tailgate in the half position to support a small amount of the weight.

·
Registered
2007 Kawasaki ZZR600, 2011 WR250X
9 Posts
Hey all,

To those of you who physically have the Maverick sitting in your driveway, can you do me a favor? Can you measure how long the bed is with the tailgate in the half-open or mid position? I'm thinking about building a small platform and using the tailgate in the half position to support a small amount of the weight.
Once you've completed your platform will you share the experience?! I've had a similar idea bounce around my small but active mind for something to haul furniture or other wide and Long Items that might not fit well between the wheelarches, and I'd like to see what you come up with!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once you've completed your platform will you share the experience?! I've had a similar idea bounce around my small but active mind for something to haul furniture or other wide and Long Items that might not fit well between the wheelarches, and I'd like to see what you come up with!
Definitely. I actually plan on making a platform for sleeping/camping. Probably use some aluminum polls to make a tarp like tent or something. I'll send picks when I'm done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts