1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
35 Posts
The way most of those bed racks lean inward would prohibit most of the semi solid covers from folding back. This may present an opportunity for someone to come up with a different solution for enclosing/securing cargo under a bed rack.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been doing a bit of research. I want a low-rise rack and tonneau. There are quite a few solutions out there, but it might take a little while for aftermarket companies to offer it for the Maverick. But I've seen some solutions that supposedly work with any tonneau. The overlanders have figured all this stuff out already, best examples on those sites.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think you will have to choose one or the other, not both. Tonneau covers usually sit on bed rails and need room to open and close. Also, anything you stack above cab height will affect fuel economy. There are many more suitable options.
Mount rack on top of cab to free up bed for T cover. (My son does this for his mountain bikes, works real well!)
Buy cap for bed and mount kayak rack on top of it. (Keeps stuff dry and away from prying eyes)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Xtrusion has really solid bed rack setup that I might be getting for my Maverick.

·
Registered
436 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I installed the TruXedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover which is on the inside if each rails. That being the case, I can install the Front Runners track directly to the top of the rails and add any size towers and cross bars. This is similar to the set up they sell for the Diamond Back Cover

·
Registered
69 Posts
I went with the Truxedo Lo Pro tonneau with the angry elephant rack system. Gives me both options and looks good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I went with the Truxedo Lo Pro tonneau with the angry elephant rack system. Gives me both options and looks good.
That looks gapped. Does the rack height clear the maverick antenna or did you put a stubby antenna. I f I mount my tent, it will cab over about 10 inches. Any pics?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts