Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Received a message my Maverick was built October 9th . Here it is Nov 17th and I'm still waiting. How long does it take to deliver a vehicle. I will never oder a vehicle again!
Pre-pandemic /parts shortage, and not a new vehicle launch, I had ordered a car that took my dealership almost a full 6 weeks to get. The quality checks are taking longer (which I can appreciate). If you ordered a hybrid, Ford had to wait to ship it until the EPA finally tested it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
O ok now I'm yelling . Maybe your too sensitive. This is a discussion board . You must be one of those cancel culture fellows.
Oh - far from those cancel culture folks. I never said you were yelling. I was just saying I was not making excuses. I totally understand being frustrated. I ordered a PHEV Escape, waited 9 months for them to build it, and then...there was a stop sale due to battery fires. The car they built for me sat for a month and then....disappeared (I assume crushed or dismantled) and my order was canceled. I wound up getting an Escape Hybrid (non-plug in). The car I ordered that took so long to get from factory to dealer was a GM product, so it's not just a Ford thing. The great thing about this forum is that we all have a common like (the Maverick), and all have different experiences, likes, dislikes, etc that we converse about. Hopefully before long, all of our Mavericks are being driven and enjoyed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Received a message my Maverick was built October 9th . Here it is Nov 17th and I'm still waiting. How long does it take to deliver a vehicle. I will never oder a vehicle again!
Mine build 10/6 and was delivered to the Ford Shipping Logistics parking lot on 11/1, less than two hours from my dealership. The original delivery was scheduled for 11/3, but here I sit and now Ford has said that the delivery is now 12/15 and I DOUBT the 12/5 date will hold up. Ford has put a complete Ship Hold on all Mavericks - You ask how I know? - I was told by the company that runs the Ford logistics shipping lot (they haven't loaded any Mavericks on car haulers in three weeks), the Ford Rep that is associated with my dealer, called Ford directly, My dealer has confirmed multiple times and have read other future owners that are in the same boat - ALL Mavericks are on shipping hold for UNKNOWN reasons!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the information. That would explain a lot. I contacted my dealer yesterday about the status of my Maverick (Area 51 XLT FX4) that was ordered on 8/5. It was supposed to be built last week but I have heard nothing. It would make sense that there is a quality control issue (reported radio problems, transmission leaks, paint issues) with the Maverick. Hopefully, it isn't a major problem and deliveries can continue in the near future. Good Luck to All

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine build 10/6 and was delivered to the Ford Shipping Logistics parking lot on 11/1, less than two hours from my dealership. The original delivery was scheduled for 11/3, but here I sit and now Ford has said that the delivery is now 12/15 and I DOUBT the 12/5 date will hold up. Ford has put a complete Ship Hold on all Mavericks - You ask how I know? - I was told by the company that runs the Ford logistics shipping lot (they haven't loaded any Mavericks on car haulers in three weeks), the Ford Rep that is associated with my dealer, called Ford directly, My dealer has confirmed multiple times and have read other future owners that are in the same boat - ALL Mavericks are on shipping hold for UNKNOWN reasons!!!
I saw some report (on this forum) that they were not delivering hybrid pre-orders to the buyers until Jan, and would get some uncommitted hybrids into dealers in Dec. IDK if that is true. My hybrid is in production now, so in theory, it SHOULD be delivered in DEC if that hold is not correct.

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick 2003 Mini Cooper, Sold my 2015 Tundra after ordering Maverick HPR XLT
23 Posts
I ordered my Hybrid July 16th, although I think the dealer did not place it for a few days. A month ago I and others got this email from Ford so I am not expecting mine until March based on when I ordered and that is still a guess:
Dear Future Maverick Owner:

We're excited to share some great news for all the Makers out there: The first 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid pickups will be on their way in a few short months. Additionally, the Maverick Hybrid has an impressive EPA-estimated 42 MPG in the city.1

The demand has been overwhelming for America's first standard hybrid truck. In fact, it's nearly sold out for the 2022 model year. Luckily there's already one with your name on it, and we're doing everything to build through the queue as quickly as possible. Your 2022 Maverick Hybrid pickup will be delivered next year, and rest assured that we'll continue to keep you updated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered mine on 7/16 and followed the tracking link which said it was scheduled to be built the week of 9/21. There has been no change on the tracking app. I've been told by the dealership that it was built and is ready to go, they are waiting on the EPA to do some test or something. They said probably December or January for delivery. I also received the letter from Ford about early 2022 delivery, we will see what happens! I'm really looking forward to this truck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ordered my Hybrid July 16th, although I think the dealer did not place it for a few days. A month ago I and others got this email from Ford so I am not expecting mine until March based on when I ordered and that is still a guess:
Dear Future Maverick Owner:

We're excited to share some great news for all the Makers out there: The first 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid pickups will be on their way in a few short months. Additionally, the Maverick Hybrid has an impressive EPA-estimated 42 MPG in the city.1

The demand has been overwhelming for America's first standard hybrid truck. In fact, it's nearly sold out for the 2022 model year. Luckily there's already one with your name on it, and we're doing everything to build through the queue as quickly as possible. Your 2022 Maverick Hybrid pickup will be delivered next year, and rest assured that we'll continue to keep you updated.
Sounds like you may have something in your order that is preventing it from being scheduled... lux, spray in liner, etc. A YT video I watched recently said buyers with items that can be added aftermarket would be wise to drop those items from their order. If something is not available, the build will wait and not be scheduled. If you have something on your order that will never be available, you may well never get scheduled (for example, if Ford were to say they won't build any XLT's with a Lux package for 2022, and you ordered Lux, if you don't make sure that is removed from your order, then you will never get scheduled).

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick 2003 Mini Cooper, Sold my 2015 Tundra after ordering Maverick HPR XLT
23 Posts
I guess that is possible. I was thinking it was the color because I added Hot Pepper Red TC Metallic which is not a popular color. Also the XLT Luxury package but I think a lot of people ordered that, maybe not as many as base or XL. Also manual rear sliding window, but sticking on one window instead of another during assembly line would not be difficult unless they just have not produced the sliding window?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I guess that is possible. I was thinking it was the color because I added Hot Pepper Red TC Metallic which is not a popular color. Also the XLT Luxury package but I think a lot of people ordered that, maybe not as many as base or XL. Also manual rear sliding window, but sticking on one window instead of another during assembly line would not be difficult unless they just have not produced the sliding window?
Yea, you may want to call your dealer to confirm that you can still get the Lux package and see what they say. My XLT is in production now, but I did not get the lux. Carbon Gray, and just added floor liners and hitch receiver.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts