Ford Maverick Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
View attachment 399

The Maverick community seems covers a wide range of locations from what I realized.

To get a better idea of where everyone is from, post your country and state/province below. Lets keep a tally by adding every new country and state/province to what the person above posted and increase the number on the left if its new.

To start, I'm from NJ
  • 1 Country: United States,
  • 1 State: New Jersey
Where in nj

·
Registered
22 Posts
The USA’s rust belt . Which leads me to my first question. Will the NEW Mavericks be undercoated when sent in these areas ? And when will stainless steel brake lines be standard ?

·
Registered
2.5L-swapped '09 Ford Focus
27 Posts
The USA’s rust belt . Which leads me to my first question. Will the NEW Mavericks be undercoat it when sent in these areas ? And when will stainless steel brake lines be standard ?
You'd actually want standard rubber brake hoses in the rust belt, stainless steel brake lines are notorious for allowing debris to settle between the braids and corrode them from the inside out over an accelerated period of time. Two other things to note... a) you will not notice a difference in braking performance between new rubber hoses and stainless steel hoses, and b) the only reason to install SS hoses is if you're either aggressively track racing, towing loads far heavier than a Maverick is rated for, or if you are lifting a body-on-frame truck more than a foot and need extra wear resistance (however, again they are prone to dust and sand entering them). Not to burst your bubble of course!

·
Registered
2.5L-swapped '09 Ford Focus
27 Posts
Portland, Oregon, USA by the way. Currently active in the Focus tuning community but the Maverick AWD EcoBoost is a very interesting prospect for a future daily driver.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You'd actually want standard rubber brake hoses in the rust belt, stainless steel brake lines are notorious for allowing debris to settle between the braids and corrode them from the inside out over an accelerated period of time. Two other things to note... a) you will not notice a difference in braking performance between new rubber hoses and stainless steel hoses, and b) the only reason to install SS hoses is if you're either aggressively track racing, towing loads far heavier than a Maverick is rated for, or if you are lifting a body-on-frame truck more than a foot and need extra wear resistance (however, again they are prone to dust and sand entering them). Not to burst your bubble of course!
Brake hoses Connect the brake caliber to the brake lines . I wasn’t talking about SS braided rubber brake line hoses . I’m cool with constructive criticism .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ann Arbor, Michigan. We'll be using it for some traveling, camping, and my mobile ham radio "shack", as well as daily driving and light homeowner-style hauling. The "configurable" bed with 12V already there should be a big win.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Welcome to all the new members! We're now at:
  • 3 Countries: United States, Argentina, Canada
  • 13 States: Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, West Virginia
  • 2 Provinces: British Columbia, Manitoba

21 - 39 of 39 Posts