Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this was kind of a trip. Makes sense though. What would you need to complicate things for. Electric motors work 100% as well in either direction :) So reverse simply flips the direction of the electric motor. Not sure if this has ever been done in another hybrid. Id assume that ever all electric vehicle does it this way.... I just never even considered this.

@7:35

·
Registered
24 Posts
I thought this was kind of a trip. Makes sense though. What would you need to complicate things for. Electric motors work 100% as well in either direction :) So reverse simply flips the direction of the electric motor. Not sure if this has ever been done in another hybrid. Id assume that ever all electric vehicle does it this way.... I just never even considered this.

@7:35
Yeah all hybrids with a "E-cvt" powertrain have to do this since the only thing between the engine and planetary gear seat that sends power to the wheels is a clutch and the engine can't spin the other way. Even some non-ecvt hybrids have started doing this, removing the reverse gear from the transmission help improve shifting gears in dual clutch transmissions.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If the battery happens to go dead . And the gas engine will keep the truck operational . Do you lose the ability to go in reverse ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Battery is required to start ICE but if battery is dead and ICE happens to be running it will power traction motor in reverse via motor/generator mounted to planetary gear set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts