Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Maverick hybrid, Ordered: 11/14/21
363 Posts
"We are excited to announce that the official OK-To-Buy declaration has been achieved for the 22MY Maverick 2.5L Hybrid model and will now begin shipping to our Ford dealers."

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
I wonder how long before they get here?

The last I saw was January. And that's probably realistic. Maybe some folks can get theirs before the year is out. It's not even December yet...

I think deliveries before Christmas/Holidays is highly likely.
Shipping from a plant or storage port to dealers take a couple weeks on average. Then add a few days for PDI and there you have an actual delivery date :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
at this point i see this as another in a long line of delay/ excuses by ford. funny how the EPA certification got "delayed" and that was the problem - turns out - not so much, as they recieved certification long ago, and still have not done anything. and the whole "we will have everything SCHEDULED to be built by march? a bunch of you read that as your vehicle will be built by March, but come March, you will get an email saying your build is now scheduled to be built (just like we said) in june or July, that "scheduled to be built" language was purposely crafted to give them a tail end excuse. I remember another OKTB a few months ago - ? I assume that is now "retrofitted" to just the ecoboost.

Bottom line for me, it sure looks like fords pooping their pants near to home. I don't think they can get out the engines and transmissions from their ford plants in Michigan fast enough, so they are hoping they can blame supply line issues - and hope no one figures out it's fords manufacturing plants in Michigan that can't get it together.

·
Registered
62 Posts
at this point i see this as another in a long line of delay/ excuses by ford. funny how the EPA certification got "delayed" and that was the problem - turns out - not so much, as they recieved certification long ago, and still have not done anything. and the whole "we will have everything SCHEDULED to be built by march? a bunch of you read that as your vehicle will be built by March, but come March, you will get an email saying your build is now scheduled to be built (just like we said) in june or July, that "scheduled to be built" language was purposely crafted to give them a tail end excuse. I remember another OKTB a few months ago - ? I assume that is now "retrofitted" to just the ecoboost.

Bottom line for me, it sure looks like fords pooping their pants near to home. I don't think they can get out the engines and transmissions from their ford plants in Michigan fast enough, so they are hoping they can blame supply line issues - and hope no one figures out it's fords manufacturing plants in Michigan that can't get it together.
This is what I just got a few minutes ago. "Great news! Your 2022 Maverick XLT has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and getting it ready for shipment. Our current estimate for delivery is between December 7, 2021 and December 13, 2021." So yea, hybrids are expected to be delivered in Dec, not beginning in Jan.

The process has been pretty much painless, although my expected build week did shift several times. I think the key has been keeping a very simple build. I know some people have been waiting longer than me because of bedliners, lux package, etc. If that is your situation, I would seriously consider a change order unless the extra item is really important to you. Many of the accessories like a tonneau cover can be added later.

·
Registered
384 Posts
This is what I just got a few minutes ago. "Great news! Your 2022 Maverick XLT has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and getting it ready for shipment. Our current estimate for delivery is between December 7, 2021 and December 13, 2021." So yea, hybrids are expected to be delivered in Dec, not beginning in Jan.

The process has been pretty much painless, although my expected build week did shift several times. I think the key has been keeping a very simple build. I know some people have been waiting longer than me because of bedliners, lux package, etc. If that is your situation, I would seriously consider a change order unless the extra item is really important to you. Many of the accessories like a tonneau cover can be added later.
Good tip. I'm not sure if some dealers are ordering stock to keep around in specs that sell fast but it might be another way to get one.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Does this mean it will be possible to get one from a dealer or they already all pre-sold ?
It means the Ford is shipping retail orders by customers, so in general, all trucks are sold. Realistically though, there will be customers who elect not to buy their ordered truck for a number of reasons, and the dealership will be glad to mark those trucks up and sell them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.