Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I ordered a Maverick and then didn't like the way it drove or such besides losing the deposit is there any other negatives of ordering without test driving?

·
Registered
37 Posts
If I ordered a Maverick and then didn't like the way it drove or such besides losing the deposit is there any other negatives of ordering without test driving?
Most dealers are offering " No Obligation" reservation and ordering - You Reserve the Maverick and your dealer places your Ford order, then when the vehicle arrives at the dealership, you Test Drive, Inspect, Kick the Tires - then if you decide the Maverick is not for you - you walk away and the dealer places the vehicle on the lot and it will sale fast. As far as the deposit - Make sure you have a "Written" legal document that your deposit is "Refundable" from your dealer and then you lose nothing by not taking the Maverick. Some honest straight forward dealers are offering as much as 4% below invoice pricing, so check it out! Please be aware Not All Dealers are upfront and you are just a "sucker" to them, shop around and do your research - believe me, it will pay off!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Honest upfront dealers will require either a refundable deposit or no deposit at all. If you order a Maverick and don't purchase it then the dealer will then have a vehicle they can easily turn around and sell, probably higher than MSRP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most dealers are offering " No Obligation" reservation and ordering - You Reserve the Maverick and your dealer places your Ford order, then when the vehicle arrives at the dealership, you Test Drive, Inspect, Kick the Tires - then if you decide the Maverick is not for you - you walk away and the dealer places the vehicle on the lot and it will sale fast. As far as the deposit - Make sure you have a "Written" legal document that your deposit is "Refundable" from your dealer and then you lose nothing by not taking the Maverick. Some honest straight forward dealers are offering as much as 4% below invoice pricing, so check it out! Please be aware Not All Dealers are upfront and you are just a "sucker" to them, shop around and do your research - believe me, it will pay off!
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heard there are different ways they order the Maverick, stock order, personal order, ect... If they order a stock this could take much, much longer wait. Is this true?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts