Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news, sort of. I finally got a Maverick ordered at my dealer. We are a very small market, and they called me as soon as they were able to order one. My order was a Hybrid XLT w/Lux package.

I believe this was supposed to be a stock unit, but they got it for me, which is awesome but when I saw the dealer code i was a bit concerned. I had not heard of 80 before. I did a little research and it looks like it's meant for stock units. Hybrid units, I have heard will not be carried stock at dealers, but the order is in.

I am going to contact them and check if everything is ok with the order, but do you all have any thoughts? My only thought, was that maybe dealer codes really only affect other orders within that dealer, and it really doesn't matter since mine is the only one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Code 80 is for Dealer stock, so if "your" order is code 80, it is really the dealers order with Ford, not your order. Retail (customer) orders are all code 10-19 at order entry.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Code 80 is for Dealer stock, so if "your" order is code 80, it is really the dealers order with Ford, not your order. Retail (customer) orders are all code 10-19 at order entry.
If You/Your dealer leaves your order at Priority Code 80 - then enjoy your 2022 Maverick in 2025, because that is when you will get your Maverick!

·
Registered
24 Posts
If You/Your dealer leaves your order at Priority Code 80 - then enjoy your 2022 Maverick in 2025, because that is when you will get your Maverick!
Yeah the manager showed me a Ford bulletin he got the same day I ordered a Hybrid (3 days ago). The way he was talking I was like oh man, now what.... Hybrid is extra delay right? He re-read it and Retail orders were not affected, but dealer orders were. sdr.speng is right, thats not good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Guilla, if you want, you should be able to place a 'retail' order for the same vehicle. A retail order is generally NOT for dealer on the lot stock, but for a person. In most cases it requires a copy of a drivers license along with personal information to insure the dealer is not using a fake retail order to get floor stock.
You can go to the ford web site and configure a Maverick as you like, get a dealer referral, and then the dealer can place the order FOR YOU right then and there, no deposit(dealer dependent) required. It, that order, in most cases would be placed ahead of dealer 'stock' orders.
Get the to the ford site, configure, send to your dealer, and then yack about price, etc. Once s/he places the order, you will be ahead of the game from where you are now. Unless things have changed...
Dunno where you are, but you may find a different dealer that is INTERESTED more than just than selling you a stock unit, and may give a better financial solution. If you are in Kansas or PA or MO(?) you may get a better offer. PA will sell at 4% UNDER invoice with a $393 doc fee. KS and MO also offer some deals at or below MSRP. See mavericktruckclub dot com Granger and Chapman and of course maverickman on youtube from Long Macarthur Ford.
In short, a stock order is prioritized behind all retail orders, at least right now. And ALL orders are allocated a production slot based on previous sales, which may be good or bad. A small dealer making few sales will still get slots, but a larger dealer will get slots too, more than the smaller. Your particular sales person is doing the minimum for your business. If you can, light a fire by noting you are LOOKING ELSEWHERE as you are not quite satisfied with his work so far...
tom

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally got confirmation from my dealer, that my order is in as Priority code 10. They were able to convert their stock allocation over to my retail order, which is great service. Unfortunately it was confusing to me when I saw the initial Priority of 80. So hopefully production ramps up soon and we can all get build dates. Thanks everyone for the good information.

Ever since I got to check a Maverick out a month ago, I knew it would be a good fit into what me and my family need for vehicles. Very excited. (got to calm down, gonna be a long wait now)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts