Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some news outlets have said in Oct roughly 3k Mavericks will be produced and double that in November. With over 100k orders out there Ford really needs to pick up production to 15k - 20k a month in order for customers to receive their vehicle by spring time frame. I don't see Ford making that many Mavericks with the constraints they are already experiencing. Even if they produce 10k a month what are we talking possibly summer of next year?

What are your thoughts on production levels and if they can meet demand? I figured for people like myself there is only so much time I can actually wait before I absolutely need a vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I worked through some of those numbers as well. I'm a little discouraged as it seems likely I'll get a 2023 model (maybe not a bad thing?). I have a very nice jeep now so I'm not in a hurry so I'll wait. I do feel for those who really need to replace a vehicle now. I really wonder if the 100k is an accurate number or if it is really inflated? Either way, at 4-5k a month, it will be a long time before most of us get ours. It is indeed a very strange time we are living in. I waited 7 months for a garage door and am still waiting on a patio door that will likely be at a year before it arrives.

Best of luck to everyone! As much as i want mine, I hope those that really need them can get them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Some news outlets have said in Oct roughly 3k Mavericks will be produced and double that in November. With over 100k orders out there Ford really needs to pick up production to 15k - 20k a month in order for customers to receive their vehicle by spring time frame. I don't see Ford making that many Mavericks with the constraints they are already experiencing. Even if they produce 10k a month what are we talking possibly summer of next year?

What are your thoughts on production levels and if they can meet demand? I figured for people like myself there is only so much time I can actually wait before I absolutely need a vehicle.
There haven't been 100K Maverick orders, there were 100K reservations. Best guess is there are 30-40K retail Maverick orders (estimates are about 30% of reservations have been converted to orders). I saw that they expect to produce about 7K in Nov-Dec. Add the Sep-Oct production and they should be over 10K by the end of the year which would be about a quarter to a third of total retail orders taken through reservation. If* the supply chains hold/recover, and they can keep production at even 5K/mo (which is what I think they're shooting for in Dec), they should be able to finish the initial reservations by June. That said, things could get pretty dicey if they continue to have constraints building the hybrid since it's more than 2/3rds of orders.

*This is a HUGE "if"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts